Please show me how you make money from trading?

Guest EA-trader

Guest EA-trader

Please write in an essay "how you actually make money from trading?".Please make it objective

I only want to hear from traders only, that you are trading and making money from trading only.

Find a share that's 'guaranteed' to keep going up, such as Microsoft.    Bet that it will go up (by a small percentage).   Repeat & rinse.

(I've only been doing this for 3 days, so don't take my word for it lasting.  Lol.      But it appears to work so far).

Guest EA-trader

My first share I bought 1,000 Argos shares, they rose within two weeks 100% doubled in values, that was the poison pill  , doing nothing , knowing nowt  and making £2,000  in 14 days.The story of most stock traders.

If it's actually shares not SB or CFDs you're talking about, then I made £5000 on one share in the period of a couple of weeks (in my pension).    Lost it all coz I failed to put a stop loss on.  Thought it would only last a short period going down...     It didn't, and I lost all that I had gained.   But then again, that was in the very early days;  I've learnt since then.

To become a more successful trader you will unfortunately have to experience what its like to lose money on trades.  You will then learn from your trading of what just happened and change your strategy to become better next time.  You can always practise from a virtual or demo account - but be realistic and input figures and trades you would have actually traded for real.   

Always only invest money you can afford to lose - assume when the trade is placed, you lose 100%.  Do not place the trade if you cannot accept that.    Anything you gain then is a bonus. 

Understand the fees/charges your broker charges and possibly try different platforms to see which one works best for you.  If you are trading you can end up spending a lot of time at a pc screen(s).  It would be wise to invest in a comfortable seat and take regular air breaks throughout the day - step outside for a few minutes.

How to make money from trading is simple BUY low, SELL high!  Through time you will learn how to get it more right than wrong.  I have my own trading strategy that works for me but everyone else has their own methods and ways of trading.  You learn and use your own then you will be dedicated to learn more.

good luck whatever happens     

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Hey there! I know this is an old post, but I wanted to chime in and say that I completely agree with your advice on trading. It's definitely a learning process, and it's important to only invest money you can afford to lose. In the meantime, I discovered one way to make some quick cash. Basically,  I recently stumbled upon an article about the bingo for cash app legit. It might be worth checking out as another method for making money online. It's always exciting to discover new opportunities for supplemental income. Thanks for the great advice!

On 30/03/2023 at 14:42, HeidWolfe said:

Hey there! I know this is an old post, but I wanted to chime in and say that I completely agree with your advice on trading. It's definitely a learning process, and it's important to only invest money you can afford to lose. In the meantime, I discovered one way to make some quick cash. Basically, I recently stumbled upon an article about the bingo for cash app legit. It might be worth checking out as another method for making money online. It's always exciting to discover new opportunities for supplemental income. Thanks for the great advice!

I used to earn money on the Internet and it helped me to close all debts

• Like 1

Hi - This is my first post to this forum - so hello everyone.

I make money using my IT skills (built up over 40 years). I'm "netcurtainsAuto" in the stockchallenge competition. I've developed an application that picks out all the low PE ratios, big Dividends, great NAV, big cash piles etc etc. Then I sort them into giving me top 10 lists. 

Two days ago I had my first "novel" published on amazon (so excuse me if I'm a bit over-excited). In the novel, in one of the later chapters I explain in a bit more detail (although not much more) how I built the system and some of the shares I picked with it.  This is the link to the book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kill-coder-lowest-score-Hawthorne/dp/B0BZFP38V8/ref=sr_1_1  Amazon allow you to view the first ten pages before buying so that gives you a flavour of the book.

Thanks - hope you all do well with your investments.

Cheers Agent X.

• 5 months later...

Making money through trading involves analyzing markets & making informed decisions. One buys assets at low prices & sells them high.To break it down, traders study charts, news, and economic indicators to spot potential opportunities. They use technical analysis to identify patterns and trends and fundamental analysis to assess the health of a market. Timing is key – traders aim to enter and exit positions at the right moments to maximize profit.Also, there are some tips on how to make money fast – they're out there, and they work. But remember, trading isn't a guaranteed shortcut to quick cash. It takes discipline, risk management, and continuous learning.

Here are some general tips that may help you in your crypto trading endeavors:

1. Educate Yourself: Gain a solid understanding of how cryptocurrency markets work, including technical analysis, chart patterns, fundamental analysis, and market indicators. Continuously educate yourself about the latest trends and developments in the cryptocurrency space.

2. Develop a Trading Strategy: Define a clear trading strategy based on your goals, risk tolerance, and time commitment. This strategy should include entry and exit points, stop-loss orders, and profit targets. Stick to your strategy and avoid making impulsive decisions based on emotions.

3. Start with a Demo Account: Many exchanges, including Bitget, offer demo accounts or simulated trading environments. Use these features to practice your trading strategies without risking real money. It allows you to gain experience and assess the effectiveness of your approach.

4. Use Proper Risk Management: Set a risk management plan that includes determining the amount of capital you're willing to risk per trade. Avoid risking too much of your capital on a single trade. Consider using stop-loss orders to limit potential losses.

5. Technical Analysis: Learn how to analyze price charts and identify patterns and trends that can help you make informed trading decisions. Use technical indicators and tools to assist you in your analysis.

6. Stay Informed: Stay updated with news and events that can impact the cryptocurrency markets. Follow reliable sources, join cryptocurrency communities, and pay attention to announcements related to the cryptocurrencies you trade.

7. Start Small and Gradually Increase: It's generally advisable to start with a small amount of capital and gradually increase your position size as you gain experience and confidence in your trading abilities.

8. Control Emotions: Emotions can impact trading decisions. Avoid making impulsive trades based on fear or greed. Stick to your trading plan and remain disciplined.

9. Consider Diversification: Diversify your cryptocurrency portfolio to spread the risk. Investing in a variety of cryptocurrencies can help mitigate potential losses if one particular asset underperforms.

10. Continuous Learning and Adaptation: The cryptocurrency market is highly dynamic, so it's crucial to continuously learn and adapt your trading strategies. Stay open to new ideas and adjust your approach as per market conditions.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Trading is simple

Let me clarify - Learning a strategy that works more often than not is easy to find and learn. The problematic side is learning to manage and keep your emotions in check. In my trading group, I have developed a system for managing emotions mindset and developing great habits as a trader.

You can have this for free, no catches – so long as it helps.

Just to be, I run a live trading room where all trades are done live and recorded, and we all use this, and it works. No obligation. It's yours for free – I hope this helps you.

Here is the link to get it, as IG doesn't allow PDF's:

Link: https://harkoltd.com/collections/useful/products/the-importance-of-emotional-intelligence

Don't worry, no pitches at all. If I can quickly help, then I will. Feel free to ask any questions on your journey.

Regards,

Steve

EQ.png

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2023 at 01:29, capitulinagarage said:

Begin with a small investment to get a feel for the market. As you become more confident and experienced, you can think about increasing your investments.

Learn how to perform technical analysis of price charts and use technical indicators to make informed decisions about when to buy and sell.
Control your emotions when trading. Fear and greed can lead to impulsive decisions. Stick to your trading plan and remain disciplined.
Consider a mix of short-term and long-term strategies. While day trading can be profitable, it's also essential to hold some assets for the long term to balance your risk.
Approach it with caution and a commitment to continuous learning. If you're interested in making quick money, I came across some tips on how to do so that might offer you some valuable insights.

Edited by capitulinagarage

First you have to get rid of the common 'knowledge' about trading. Like if the trend is up there is a more than 50% chance that it will continue - it will not Or technical analysis will help you - it will not. Or 'pattern A' shows that the price will continue up - it will not.

Your best bet is to trade scarcely, try to enter at the beginning of the strong up/down trend, stay in awhile and set the win/loss ratio of the trade to at least 4:1. The Second chance is to enter short-term trade into a trend with great momentum and volume where it will be unlikely that someone will manage to reverse trade immediately after you enter, because people are eager to earn money. Move your stop to the entry point relatively fast. You will be stopped out many many times but you may manage to nail a couple of bigger winners.

For that to materialize you have to be extremely picky in selecting trades and times of entry.