-3ATR line

Guest Douglas

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi ,  can you explain a bit more what you are looking for. The number associated with ATR refers to the number of periods the ATR is calculated from so can't be negative, or did you mean minus 3 x ATR. How did you mean to use it? Many use 1, 2 or 3 x ATR to give a stop loss levels or target levels so that would be a horizontal line on the chart.

Guest Douglas

Caseynotes thanks for your helpful response. I use minus 3 x the 14 day average true range as a trailing stop on my weekly system. I use Metastock to calculate show this. It would be much more convenient to see it on the charts of my IG positions. Particularly as I will not have access to Metastock for the next few weeks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Investing in crypto is quite a thrilling venture if one has the right knowledge and the perseverance to handle the downside whenever they arise. Like any other industry, there are days when the going gets tough like we have been experiencing in the last couple of days. The sentencing of CZ to four months imprisonment might have also contributed to the market downturn due to his influence in the space however, the drop in price provides avenue for experienced traders to DCA and prepare ahead of market recovery. Coincidentally, there is an ongoing event on Bitget tagged "May savings carnival" where users can leverage to buy some specific tokens like USDT, BTC and ETH and earn incredible APR. This offer avails trader with prize pool of up to $1500 on their deposit if they meet the deposit requirement. Similarly, traders can subscribe to the exchange saving product and win a $500 Amazon gift cards. Personally, I feel this kind of events are geared towards giving back to the users in one form or the other as traders not only benefit from their trades but also receive cash prizes and gift which serves as a form of motivation to them. Have you won any of this cash prizes before? share your experience
    • This BTC dip is rough, but this BGB trade mining event sounds interesting.  I'll check it out! Might be a good way to hedge against the volatility.
    • hi all, i am based in ireland and currently have an IG spreadbetting account. wondering if i can buy shares?? cant see any area on the platform where i can do that. thanks. cormac 
us