L2 data feed query

Guest merantau

Question

Guest merantau

Hi,

I could do with some clarification.  I note that L2 data feeds are available via IG on a per-market basis.  I have previously used L2 data elsewhere on a very occasional basis and would like to deploy it occasionally with IG.

If I select L2 data from a market, will I be charged only for months in which it is selected or do I have to provide notice if I want to cancel?

Will I need additional software to view the L2 feed with IG?

Also, I don't see the 'DMA Equities' option in My Account > Settings > Preferences that I am supposed to set to use L2 data. that  Is this restricted to some account type other than the share-dealing account that I use?

Thanks,

m

1 answer to this question

On 6/22/2018 at 3:27 PM, merantau said:

If I select L2 data from a market, will I be charged only for months in which it is selected or do I have to provide notice if I want to cancel?

You will be charged from the point of activation to the point of cancelation, even if you don't use the data or deal. You need to provide a request to cancel to stop the service. Full terms read as follows:

• Data fees vary by exchange and by depth of data as indicated in the table. Delayed data is free.
  • Fees are charged a month in advance, on the last day of the previous month.
  • Fees are rebated to clients who meet the 'Rebate level' for the exchange within the month.
  • The 'Rebate level' is the number of trades specified in the table on the exchange within the month.
  • Where applicable, fees are rebated in arrears on the last day of the month.
  • Fees are not prorated, ie the full month's fees apply whenever you are able to view data at any time during that month.
  • Fees are charged whether or not you actually view any data from an exchange within a month.
  • Fees are charged in local currencies. The 'totals' in the table are for guidance only.

Will I need additional software to view the L2 feed with IG?

You can use the regular browser, however if you want additional functionality you may find the following useful. https://www.ig.com/uk/l2-trading-platform

Also, I don't see the 'DMA Equities' option in My Account > Settings > Preferences that I am supposed to set to use L2 data. that  Is this restricted to some account type other than the share-dealing account that I use?

You should be able to see this under the following location. My IG > Settings > Data Feed.

1329292230_2018-06-2511_48_56-MyIG.thumb.png.14f59a935889e3e6fc7afa20a51ffbfa.png

Archived