IG Chart support - different time frames different HLOC

Guest Jack Gardiner

Question

Guest Jack Gardiner

There seems to be a discrepancy in price information on different timeframes with some charts. Most notably between the daily & 5 minute charts for a number of stocks. I've noticed it happens a lot with stocks that trade on very low volume for the most part. As an example I've posted screen shots for AXP. On the daily chart the high for Wed 18th July is displayed as 10369.50, however on the 5 minute chart for the same day the price never reaches that level (in fact it barely even breaches 103).Daily.thumb.jpg.98f09c2ade109ab7f2a912362c9739d4.jpg5min.thumb.jpg.459b79dd78a4806382ac9543051dd009.jpg

4 answers to this question

Guest WillA

Hi @Jack Gardiner

My HLOC data is different for AMEX on 18th July, does yours still look as in your screenshots?

It could be that it was showing incorrect data at the time as in your screenshot and has since corrected.

Cheers,

Will

Guest Jack Gardiner

Hi,

It does not appear to have changed for me.

It should be noted that I am using the demo account at the moment as I am still fairly new to the platform. I have still to verify my account with my proof of ID etc. So I can't see if this is isolated to the demo.

There are a number of other stocks with similar issues albeit very low volume that I could show. I was alarmed when something so widely traded as AMEX seemed to be displaying incorrectly.

Thank you for your time.

Jack

Guest Jack Gardiner

Thank you for clarifying this issue, I had begun to suspect as much. This doesn't affect 99% of the assets I am trading so it's not a big deal for me. I enjoy most of the features on IG and when I feel ready trade in real money will look forwards to opening an active trading account. You have put my concerns to rest.

Thanks again,
Jack

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• The recent controversy surrounding Kucoin executives reignites the debate on the regulation of centralized exchanges. Many argue that without proper oversight, preventing fraud on these platforms becomes exceedingly difficult. While some may resist government intervention, the persistence of fraudulent activities prompts us to question how long we can turn a blind eye. Despite reservations about figures like Gary Gensler, it's crucial to recognize the potential benefits of regulatory bodies like the SEC. The specter of another FTX-like incident looms large, with potential market ramifications given Kucoin's size. The recent sentencing of SBF, the former FTX founder, to 25 years in prison, serves as a stark reminder of the necessity for regulatory action to ensure long-term transparency and accountability. While decentralized exchanges offer an alternative, they are not without their own risks. This underscores the case for comprehensive regulation. However, recent events, such as the Nigerian government's request for user data from Binance, raise legitimate concerns about user privacy and governmental overreach. Can exchanges operate without incident for decades? Can we build a future where users feel genuinely confident and secure in their transactions? These are pressing questions that demand thoughtful consideration as we navigate the ever-evolving landscape of crypto exchanges.
    • I've developed an initial version of a market sentiment checker, which utilizes the concept of weighted log returns to gauge the mood of the financial markets. This tool is designed to simplify the complex task of assessing market sentiment by analyzing fluctuations in price data. By applying weights to log returns, it emphasizes the significance of certain data points over others, offering a more nuanced view of market dynamics. This approach allows for a fundamental analysis of market sentiment and provides insights into the current state of the market at any given moment. It serves as a valuable tool for investors and traders looking to make informed decisions based on the underlying sentiment driving market movements. sentiment-sleuth - Github Link
    • Demo account: Please note that conditions on demo accounts may differ from real accounts. Some brokers may only provide overnight loans on real accounts and not on demo accounts.
us