Your order has been rejected

Guest murdz

Hi - trying to place my first IG ETF purchase but cannot.

The market is closed but that shouldn't be a problem?

Upon selecting an ETF (VTI for example), I view the ticket information and select "Buy", the quantity and order type is un-editable and stuck at "Limit - Day".

Clicking "Place Order" shows the summary "Your order will be ready for execution when the market opens. You can view and edit queued orders in the Working Orders panel"

But after that, it shows the below error message with no more information.

"Order Rejected. Your order has been rejected"

Any ideas?

Hi @murdz,  unfortunately 'rejected 11' is generic and doesn't describe precisely the reason for the rejection which may be due to many things the most common in my experience is stop too close to market price. Though there is a minimum stop distance on the ticket it is often overtaken by the algorithm that slides the min stop level depending on volatility and the ticket can't keep up. I often resort to adding a larger stop then adjusting it down after entry.

For more on rejected 11 Google 'rejected 11 IG Labs' and you will see there are many possible causes.   

Thanks @Caseynotes, ideally I'd like to just purchase at whatever the market price is when the market re-opens but the only option is "Limit - Day".

Seems like a problem of the IG system? OR perhaps something not setup correctly with my account?

Archived