buy now, but how

Guest NoviceExtremis

Question

Guest NoviceExtremis

Very simple question, the simplest of all I suspect? I'd like to buy some amazon shares. Can I buy £1,000,000 using £250,000 of my own funds ? Thanks all 

1 answer to this question

Hi @NoviceExtremis, not so simple really. If you are looking to buy actual shares with leverage (a loan) you are going to need a bank loan.

If you are looking to buy with broker leverage you will need to buy a shares derivative through a spread betting account or Contract For Difference account. If you are looking to hold that contract for the long term it would need to be a futures (forward) type contract.

You can find all the relevant info from the drop down boxes on the IG home page header and ask any questions here on the forum if needed. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Greetings fellow traders, As someone deeply involved in the forex market, I understand the importance of staying informed about the controversies surrounding our industry. In recent times, there has been much discussion and debate regarding various aspects of forex trading. Today, I aim to shed some light on these controversies to help you navigate the forex landscape more confidently. One of the primary controversies revolves around the transparency of forex brokers. It's crucial to choose a reputable broker with a track record of integrity and reliability. Look for brokers regulated by respected authorities such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) or the National Futures Association (NFA) to ensure your funds are protected and your trades are executed fairly. Another contentious issue is the use of leverage in forex trading. While leverage can amplify profits, it also increases the risk of significant losses. As experienced traders, it's essential to use leverage judiciously and always implement risk management strategies to protect your capital. Furthermore, there has been debate regarding the effectiveness of certain trading strategies and systems. While some advocate for complex algorithms and technical indicators, others believe in the simplicity of price action analysis. The key is to find a strategy that aligns with your trading style, risk tolerance, and financial goals. Regulatory changes and geopolitical events also contribute to the forex controversy. It's essential to stay abreast of regulatory updates and global developments that could impact currency markets. This requires diligence and a willingness to adapt to changing market conditions. While the forex market offers tremendous opportunities for profit, it's not without its controversies. By educating ourselves, exercising caution, and staying informed, we can navigate these challenges and thrive in the dynamic world of forex trading. I welcome your thoughts and insights on this topic. Feel free to leave a comment below sharing your thoughts on the forex controversies or any strategies you've found effective in navigating them! Let's keep the conversation going. Happy trading!
    • Dear @espiral, Thank you for your request, unfortunately, we cannot offer this stock for leveraged accounts due to higher broker margins. The stock is only available for share dealing. Thanks, KoketsoIG
    • Silver Elliott Wave Analysis- ‘Buy the Dip’ to continue the rally? Silver Elliott Wave Analysis  Function - Counter-trend  Mode - Impulse  Structure - Impulse  Position - Wave 3 of (A)  Direction - Wave 4 of (A) Details - Wave 4 dip is ongoing. Expected to be shallow probably toward 24.5 before resuming higher for wave 5 of (A). In slightly over a month, Silver surged over 13%, marking a bullish impulse wave rally poised to conclude the one-year range initiated in February 2023. A breakout from this range is essential to propel the commodity above $26.5, marking its first ascent beyond that mark since March 2022. This constitutes the overarching multi-month trend. Zooming in on shorter time frames, a dip is manifesting subsequent to the metal reaching its 2024 pinnacle. Despite this pullback, anticipations are for subsequent upward movements, targeting the psychological threshold of $26. In this Silver Elliott wave analysis, we'll scrutinize the structures, pivotal levels, and projected outcomes. Examining the daily timeframe, the price remains within a corrective rally that commenced at 16.56 in September 2022. A double zigzag pattern is discernible, expected to elongate toward the $30-30.18 range in the medium term. Wave W concluded with a zigzag, succeeded by X exhibiting a triangle pattern. Emerging from wave (E) of X, wave Y ascends higher, likely subdividing into three waves (A)-(B)-(C). Wave (A) nears completion around the 25 mark. Hence, for swing traders, the optimal strategy is to buy into the forthcoming dip after wave (B). Meanwhile, wave (A) might still witness one additional upward leg before the dip, as illustrated on the 4-hour chart. On the 4-hour chart, wave 3 of (A) is yielding ground to a wave 4 pullback and could find support within the 24.686-24.215 Fibonacci retracement zone if it gets there. Should this zone indeed provide support, followed by a rebound, another rally to 25.5-26 is foreseeable before a larger pullback for (B) commences. Technical Analyst : Sanmi Adeagbo Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!        
us