Leaving IG NON STOP LOSS on shares - Disgusting

Guest Mil-Fit

Question

It is absolutely disgusting in this day of technology that you can be the only platform that when purchasing shares don't allow you to put. obvious stop loss on limits for sale. THere might be a back entrance method on the PC but not on the mobile apps and even after the advice given. it immediately sells my SHARES. YOU ARE TAKING MY MONEY and it doesn't belong to you at that point.

There is no linked software for portfolio management or taxes (simply wall st, share sight, invest smart etc). The research is lacking, no brokerage reports, no extensive stock across international marke compared to saxon or CMC.

My points.

Transferring my holdings

You need to catch up to the rest of the world. 
Disgusted.Moving to CMC and Saxo and TradeStation

3 answers to this question

Hi @Mil-Fit - I'm sorry that the trading app on mobile wasn't performing how you expected. Although I can't discuss account specifics on a public forum, I would suggest you give us a call if you wanted to go over anything unique to your account. 

You are correct in saying that on our share dealing ticket we don't include a 'stop' level as a single field, and that you would have to set up a unique order to deal with the automatic closure of your shares, for example a limit or stop order to sell to close. 

These orders are pushed directly to the underlying exchange themselves and they are only executed if you have specifically requested them to go in at those levels. If your order is likely to be executed immediately you are also warned. When you are dealing 'at quote' you are given a confirmation screen which you need to accept before the order is accepted. 

It's important to make sure order types are known going into a trade and how the IG platform performs. Whilst we do try and communicate this as best possible when you sign up as a client it's also important to note that we're available 24/7 throughout the trading week if required. 

Please feel free to give us a call at any point to discuss further if required, and to talk through the specifics of your account. Best. 

Various shares on swing trades minor loss but frustrating compared to other platforms or that you can do it on CFDs.

Also no linkage withthird party sodftware for portfolio management. I did futher orders for the stop llss but on the limit sell on target point in wont let me as itvsays im trying to short

i will be giving a call to go over it all again on there platforms 

Archived