RIPPLE

Slater

Question

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Slater said:

Hi

I’m struggling with time frame on IG. When does ripple open and close per day (exact hour per day) and why is It different to yahoo finance??? bbb test.

Phil

Hi @Slater,  the IG daily candles start at 00:00 (12 am),  that appears to be the same on the UK Yahoo Finance charts. A difference will occur weekly when  IG shuts down at 10 pm Friday for system updates etc and restarts at 4 am Saturday (crypto only) whereas the Yahoo charts continue straight through.

@Slater,  looking closer at the Yahoo chart it has a couple of weird features, it has a date range tool and an interval tool so if you click on 1D on the range tool the chart auto changes to 1 minute intervals so I would leave the range bar alone and just use the interval drop down box. Also time doesn't flow, it seems to update itself minute by minute and even then seems to be around half a minute delayed, that's why the Yahoo chart has many gaps compared to the IG chart.

The IG bars are continuous so the daily bar close is 11:59:59 and the new day bar starts 1 second later at 12:00:00 (except on Friday evening as mentioned earlier). 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

@Slater,  looking closer at the Yahoo chart it has a couple of weird features, it has a date range tool and an interval tool so if you click on 1D on the range tool the chart auto changes to 1 minute intervals so I would leave the range bar alone and just use the interval drop down box. Also time doesn't flow, it seems to update itself minute by minute and even then seems to be around half a minute delayed, that's why the Yahoo chart has many gaps compared to the IG chart.

The IG bars are continuous so the daily bar close is 11:59:59 and the new day bar starts 1 second later at 12:00:00 (except on Friday evening as mentioned earlier). 

Thanks Casey, getting used to this takes time that’s for sure, and this forum is not easy to navigate. 

So do you get paid to help or am I going to be annoying after a while?