Lookup Prices in Excel

Guest tradertoad

Question

Guest tradertoad

Hello,

I would like to be able to look up prices for a range of stocks and instruments in excel so I can create alerts in my spreadsheet.  Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this.  I haven't been able to find out how on the IG Community forum or IG Labs help - I'm sure it's there I'm just struggling.  I got the historical value sample spreadsheet to work for individual items, but would like to be able to have last prices updated live or even end of day would be fine for a range of items in excel.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Regards,

Michael

6 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, tradertoad said:

Hello,

I would like to be able to look up prices for a range of stocks and instruments in excel so I can create alerts in my spreadsheet.  Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this.  I haven't been able to find out how on the IG Community forum or IG Labs help - I'm sure it's there I'm just struggling.  I got the historical value sample spreadsheet to work for individual items, but would like to be able to have last prices updated live or even end of day would be fine for a range of items in excel.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Regards,

Michael

You can insert "Stock Connector" from office store in the excel.

Regards

HS

Hi Michael,

I'm working on an Excel Add-in (http://www.excelpricefeed.com/) which enables streaming and retrieval of live prices from IG Index (as well as other data providers such as Yahoo/IEX). If you are interested I could send you a trial version so you can see if it can be useful to you. It's a work in progress so it's not quite finished and I haven't worked out pricing etc yet.

Let you know if you are interested.

Cheers,

Andy

Guest tradertoad
21 hours ago, andysinclair said:

Hi Michael,

I'm working on an Excel Add-in (http://www.excelpricefeed.com/) which enables streaming and retrieval of live prices from IG Index (as well as other data providers such as Yahoo/IEX). If you are interested I could send you a trial version so you can see if it can be useful to you. It's a work in progress so it's not quite finished and I haven't worked out pricing etc yet.

Let you know if you are interested.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I would be very interested thanks, that sounds great.  The Yahoo feeds used to be great until they cut off international markets.  I've got google sheets to work somewhat and know IG have a live feed just haven't worked it out.  If there is a way to send a personal message or something then please do.

Cheers,

Michael

Guest tradertoad
On 05/12/2018 at 15:29, Seoudi said:

You can insert "Stock Connector" from office store in the excel.

Regards

HS

Thanks Seoudi, that works great for US stocks but doesn't seem to work for international stocks.  Thanks though all the same.

Cheers,

Michael

8 hours ago, tradertoad said:

Hi Andy,

I would be very interested thanks, that sounds great.  The Yahoo feeds used to be great until they cut off international markets.  I've got google sheets to work somewhat and know IG have a live feed just haven't worked it out.  If there is a way to send a personal message or something then please do.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I'll try to send you a personal message.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi,

The Add-in is now available and can be downloaded at: http://www.excelpricefeed.com/userguide/download

Contact me either via my website or private message and I can send you an Activation Code for a free 20 day trial.

The Add-in currently provides live and streaming prices to Excel cells via simple formulas such as: =EPF.IG.Stream.Bid("CS.D.GBPUSD.TODAY.IP")

I am looking at adding historical data access as well as other functionality depending on user feedback.

Hope you find it useful.

Andy 

Capture.PNG

Archived