Jump to content
  • 0

Lookup Prices in Excel

Question

Hello,

I would like to be able to look up prices for a range of stocks and instruments in excel so I can create alerts in my spreadsheet.  Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this.  I haven't been able to find out how on the IG Community forum or IG Labs help - I'm sure it's there I'm just struggling.  I got the historical value sample spreadsheet to work for individual items, but would like to be able to have last prices updated live or even end of day would be fine for a range of items in excel.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Regards,

Michael

Share this post


Link to post

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
11 minutes ago, tradertoad said:

Hello,

I would like to be able to look up prices for a range of stocks and instruments in excel so I can create alerts in my spreadsheet.  Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this.  I haven't been able to find out how on the IG Community forum or IG Labs help - I'm sure it's there I'm just struggling.  I got the historical value sample spreadsheet to work for individual items, but would like to be able to have last prices updated live or even end of day would be fine for a range of items in excel.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Regards,

Michael

You can insert "Stock Connector" from office store in the excel.

Regards

HS

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi Michael,

I'm working on an Excel Add-in (http://www.excelpricefeed.com/) which enables streaming and retrieval of live prices from IG Index (as well as other data providers such as Yahoo/IEX). If you are interested I could send you a trial version so you can see if it can be useful to you. It's a work in progress so it's not quite finished and I haven't worked out pricing etc yet.

Let you know if you are interested.

Cheers,

Andy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, andysinclair said:

Hi Michael,

I'm working on an Excel Add-in (http://www.excelpricefeed.com/) which enables streaming and retrieval of live prices from IG Index (as well as other data providers such as Yahoo/IEX). If you are interested I could send you a trial version so you can see if it can be useful to you. It's a work in progress so it's not quite finished and I haven't worked out pricing etc yet.

Let you know if you are interested.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I would be very interested thanks, that sounds great.  The Yahoo feeds used to be great until they cut off international markets.  I've got google sheets to work somewhat and know IG have a live feed just haven't worked it out.  If there is a way to send a personal message or something then please do.

Cheers,

Michael

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 05/12/2018 at 15:29, Seoudi said:

You can insert "Stock Connector" from office store in the excel.

Regards

HS

Thanks Seoudi, that works great for US stocks but doesn't seem to work for international stocks.  Thanks though all the same.

Cheers,

Michael

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, tradertoad said:

Hi Andy,

I would be very interested thanks, that sounds great.  The Yahoo feeds used to be great until they cut off international markets.  I've got google sheets to work somewhat and know IG have a live feed just haven't worked it out.  If there is a way to send a personal message or something then please do.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I'll try to send you a personal message.

Cheers,

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi,

The Add-in is now available and can be downloaded at: http://www.excelpricefeed.com/userguide/download

Contact me either via my website or private message and I can send you an Activation Code for a free 20 day trial.

The Add-in currently provides live and streaming prices to Excel cells via simple formulas such as: =EPF.IG.Stream.Bid("CS.D.GBPUSD.TODAY.IP")

I am looking at adding historical data access as well as other functionality depending on user feedback.

Hope you find it useful.

Andy 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      7,771
    • Total Posts
      40,505
    • Total Members
      50,907
    Newest Member
    cmd69
    Joined 20/11/19 07:13
  • Posts

    • As good as Litecoin has been in the first half of 2019 it has been just as bad in the second half of 2019. It has literally given back all the gains. Those traders who trade both 'long' and 'short' will have made money on the move upwards and then also made money by shorting on the move downwards.  It is difficult to anticipate how Litecoin will do over the coming month but I think it is likely to take the lead from its father in Bitcoin. 
    • $200 will be an important and psychological price area. If this is breached then Bitcoin Cash could easily go down to the $140 price area. This would be a big blow to the bulls and also damage confidence in the asset.  Bears will be enjoying the move downwards and should be profiting from the current trend and price action.   
    • So after a break upward yesterday morning was followed by a pullback for the indices with the usual trade dispute back and forward plus an escalation in the Hong Kong protests with a stand off between students and the police plus the US senate getting involved to stir things up. Looking at the Dax and Dow charts there was a 9am break upwards followed by a reversal, some might say that was a stop run but they are usually not much more than 20 points or so, some might say it was an exhaustion bar on the Dax but exhaustion bars are on the end of a run up or run down not 8 days into a flag. Inevitably some will say it's the beginning of end of the world (again) but it looks just like your average pullback to me. Looking at the bottom chart compares 2 different assets with 2 similar looking charts, they should be because one is the Dow index while the other is one of the main Dow constituents, the funny thing is that one of the charts 'the crowd' are perpetually heavy on the short side while in the other they are perpetually heavy on the long side 🤔      
×
×