MT4 Demo Account Data Servers Down

Hematite

Question

I note the MT4 demo account data servers have been down since yesterday, for 10 hours now the markets have been open.

When the service is working trades are often rejected with 'Broker is busy' or 'Trade context is busy' error messages in the Journal.

I don't have these issues with my FX Open Demo Accounts.

Why does IG have so little regard for the integrity of this valuable service, and when will they put sufficient resource into it so that it's reliable?

Trading strategies developed and tested in a reliable and consistent 'Demo' account get transferred to 'Live' accounts, but unfortunately, IG doesn't seem to appreciate that. 

3 answers to this question

Hi Caseynotes,

I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately, it yields this:

IG Demo Account Data.JPG

The demo servers are however working again now. I guess it was reliant on someone turning up for work this Monday morning?

My charts are missing the price action from 10 pm last night. Not good. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• This content is based on my personal opinion and not a financial advise for readers hence ensure you DYOR before investing. Resources: https://www.odaily.news/en/newsflash/380143 No doubt memecoin has seen tremendous adoption over the last 6 with more capital inflowing into the memecoin sector. The artificial intelligence sector and RWA sector is another sector that looks promising but the crazy gains recorded from memecoin in the first quarter of the year might have been the reason for investors to shift their focus to memecoin.  With BTC only managing 48% gain since the beginning of 2024, tokens like WIF, PEPE and floki surged by 1300%, 815% and 392% respectively. Among the top 10 tokens, BGB the native token of Bitget was the only exchange token to find it's way up returning 100% to investors in 6 months. While the second half of the year hold a lot of promise due to anticipation of BTC post halving bullrun, a lot of investors are looking to invest in a tokens with decent ROI potential and memecoin looks the best option to many. Not disputing the crazy gains that might comes with investing in memecoin, the risk of losing it all is also higher especially investing in new memecoins. Considering the continuous growth, expansion and ecosystem development of Bitget, BGB holds a great potential with minimal risk compared to memecoin. Additionally, the entry point is still very great for both new and old investors. What sectors do you think will lead in the bullrun proper? Will memecoin still lead the year or will AI, Gaming, RWA pull a surprise. Share your thoughts.
    • Yeah! I think I would have to agree with you on this as I have benefited a lot from the event this recent times & I have plans of leveraging the event for a long time.
    • Join the BYDFi Demo Trade Profit Posting and grab your chance to share in a 10,000 USDT prize pool!  Show off your trading skills, post your profits, and let's see who comes out on top! Don't miss out on this chance to win big! 🎉
us