Charts not loading

Guest LARLAR

Question

Guest LARLAR

Hi, The basic price charts that IG supplies are not loading at all on my screen. They were working up to about an hour ago! I use an Apple Mac. Any ideas as to how I can fix this? 

Many thx

7 answers to this question

Although no one has commented on this post in a while I can see that it still actually receives a significant number of views on a monthly basis. Therefore I thought I would give an in depth run down of a few primary issues of charts not loading on a number of our platforms. 

The new IG desktop trading charting package 

The majority of charting issues which used to effect the IG charts have been resolved in the new desktop trading platform which we provide. You can select this in the My IG section, and because it's based on HTML5 (an updated and modern offering over flash) you will also see significantly better functionalities and customisation. The following troubleshooting methods may help.

• Check our platform status page just in case there is a known issue.
  • Try and open IG ia a different browser. If you're using chrome, try IE for example. If you're still experiencing issues it's likely something related to your internet connection or your computer. As a side note we generally recommend Google Chrome.
  • Clear your browser cache making sure to select to do so 'from the beginning of time'. 

However, you may also need to go through the following troubleshooting methods if you are on the older flash charts to clear 'flash cache'. This will be specifically for 'Chrome' however other browsers may have a different method.

• Click on the 'secure' or 'IG Group Ltd' green text in the URL bar. 

2018-05-17 08_48_40-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.png

• Select 'site settings' and then make sure you have switched flash to 'always on'. 

2018-05-17 08_45_18-Settings.png

• Clear your Flash cache by clicking on this link and selecting ‘delete all sites’ in the website settings storage panel towards the top of the screen

My charts aren't loading on MT4

More often than not this is experienced by new MT4 users who are unfamiliar with the software. 

• Make sure you are connected to the correct servers and have an active connection (in the bottom right hand corner). For reference the servers are mt4.ig.com:443
  • Right click on the list of markets on the left and slick 'show all' to make sure all markets are visible. 
  • Simply click, hold down, and drag your market into the 'waiting for update' screen. Your market should load. 

My charts aren't loading on Pro Real Time

Make sure you're aware of the minimum requirements for PRT. This is listed on their website, and states...

• Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista / macOS 10.8 (year 2012) or above / Up to date & stable Linux distribution (eg. Ubuntu, Debian, etc)
  • A high speed Internet connection (wired connection recommended)
  • A modern Web browser (ex: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari)
  • A screen resolution of at least 1280x1024
  • 2 GB of RAM memory minimum

Head over to the PRT site and get the latest version of the software here >> https://www.prorealtime.com/en/faq/start_prorealtime

Guest DanC

Hi ,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the charts. The charts use Flash player to run, and it may be that this is being blocked from running. Have you tried loading the platform with Google Chrome, as this has Flash built in? Alternative you can try and clear your Flash player cache using the following steps:

1. Close your web browser.
  2. Click on the Apple logo in the upper, right-hand corner of your screen and choose "System Preferences"
  3. Click on the "Flash Player" icon near the bottom of the System Preferences window.
  4. Under the "Storage" tab, click on the "Delete All" button.
  5. On the next window, make sure the "Delete All Site Data and Settings" option is selected and unselect the "Delete All Audio and Video License Files" option.
  6. Click the "Delete Data" button.
  7. Close the System Preferences window.
  8. Open your web browser.

Do let us know how you get on!

Dan

Guest nathan79

Hi Dan, I am having the same issue on an apple mac and tried your suggested solution but the graphing still does not work.  Any further suggestions?

Hi 

Sorry to hear they're not working!

Might seem like an odd suggestion, but are the time, date and region settings correct on your Mac? If they're wrong, it can cause problems.

Also, could you try a different browser? If using Safari, try Chrome and vice versa.

Let me know how you get on!

Tim

Dan

apple have just released macOS Sierra and blocks flash...your solution here did the trick...suspect you will be getting a few calls on this

thx

Doug

Archived