Outlook on Gasoline?

Guest PipEvangelist

Guest PipEvangelist

Hi chaps,

I hope you had a wonderful 2018.

Where do you guys think the gasoline price will head? On the chart, it looks like a beautiful downtrend. However, I entered the trade today only to find the price moved up against me. I'm new in energies. Any thought on the causations behind gasoline price movement and any outlook on its future direction?

Thanks!

50695958_Screenshot2018-12-31at16_26_35.thumb.png.83036449b2cb9f76388ddad7174c91cf.png

Guest PipEvangelist

@TrendFollower

Hi,

Thanks for your thought.

I made devotion of shorting RB because I saw a gap down on Sunday, thought there might be a downward pressure to that movement. Other energies were at this lukewarm zone where price starts to rise a bit and consolidate.

im new to energies, I don’t know if the fundamentals like oil reserves and demand  would support a further downward movement.

i have to admit that I did not follow my trading plan for that trade. I don’t have a trading plan for energies. I thought they are a different market than forex. Still exploring what works the best for commodities trading.

what about you? Do you trade on trend or intraday?

@PipEvangelist I have just been reading this thread and I would say that it is most important to not only have a trading plan, but to also know that your plan can carry from market to market. A good plan based on sound TA should be able to be used across different markets and so when you do move across, why deviate from your plan. Just by looking at your daily chart that you submitted, each historical down gap or up gap was followed by some movement in the opposite direction immediately in most cases. Had you been watching this market carefully, you would have no doubt shorted it a bit closer to the previous massive gap down rather than the very last tiddler gap down. After such an extensive downward movement, it appears to be crying out for a retrace of some sort or another as @TrendFollower points out, but also, it may happen, it may not, who knows. The odds are a lot higher of this happening, the longer the trend continues down. I am new to this as well but it is important not to rush into a riskier trade. There will always be another trade waiting round the corner.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Recently, U.S. Senator Bill Hagerty from Tennessee spoke at the Bitcoin conference, stating his efforts to push for Bitcoin-supportive legislation to promote freedom and opportunity. This year, cryptocurrency has become a key battleground in the election campaigns. It remains to be seen whether future policies on cryptocurrency will improve.
    • The digital landscape is undergoing a profound transformation as attention, once a freely given commodity, is increasingly recognized as a valuable asset. Layer3 is at the forefront of this revolution, pioneering a new economy where attention can be owned, traded, and monetized   This innovative approach empowers individuals to monetize their engagement, providing unprecedented control over personal data. Simultaneously, advertisers benefit from transparent metrics that optimize campaign performance. Content creators are presented with diverse revenue avenues beyond traditional advertising, while the overall ecosystem experiences a more equitable distribution of value.   The implications of Layer3 extend across various sectors. Social media platforms, for instance, can leverage this technology to revolutionize user engagement and monetization strategies. Tokenomics play a crucial role in driving Layer3's economy, incentivizing participation and rewarding value creation. While challenges such as data privacy and market volatility exist, the potential benefits of Layer3 are immense   Anticipation is building as its native token $L3 is on Bitget Pre-market as users await its listing on the exchange. This milestone is expected to significantly increase the token's visibility and accessibility, potentially driving substantial growth and attracting new investors. As the countdown begins, the crypto community watches with keen interest, eager to see how Layer3 will perform in this new chapter.
    • I've been exploring the world of play-to-earn gaming recently, looking for something that's not just about endless grinding but actually offers a fun and rewarding experience. OGC really stood out to me because it combines gaming with a sense of community in a unique way. OGC isn't just a game; it's a platform where you can play, earn, and even help shape its future. You're not just a player; you're part of a community with a voice. The idea of earning crypto while playing games is exciting, but what makes OGC special is its focus on community involvement. Your feedback can directly influence the development of the game, which is a big deal. I've also heard that the OGC token is available for pre-market trading on Bitget. While I'm still getting to know the platform and its features, it's definitely something to keep an eye on. Has anyone else tried OGC? What has your experience been like? I'd love to hear your thoughts and any tips you might have.
us