Opening an MT4 demo account problem

Question

Guest John Walton

Hi

I've down loaded MT4 and tried to open a demo account.

On selecting open account from the drop down menu I've selected IG-Demo, next popup I selected open demo account.

The  popup box is a form to complete with e-mail details etc. After completing the form and checking everything is correct the next button does not activate, so I can move to the next stage. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

5 answers to this question

HI @John, been a while since I done this so just checked and noted that the 'next' box did not become active until clicking the 'I agree to subscribe to your newsletters' box.

Don't know why as I've never received any newsletters but there you go. 

Try that and see, also, as it's linked to IG I suspect you may need to use the email address you have logged with IG and associated with your IG account.

Hi John,

Have you successfully log in MT4 using demo account?

I have the same problem as you and i did clicking the 'I agree to subscribe to your newsletters' box.'

Can you please teach me how to make it if you have successfully open the demo account in MT4?

Thank you.

Edited by Siowli
remove the photo

hi @Siowli,  the 'next' button should automatically become active once the entries have been completed and match the records IG has for your account.

image.png.c05a827bcd938c17b8ad0153390bb8c3.png

Capture.PNG.3a481dbbea55943ad59ee653c2098d72.PNG

Hi @Caseynotes,

Thank you for your quick response.

I did it exactly the same, but the 'Next' button is not activated. I am using IG MetaTrader 4 Terminal. Is this the correct platform to use?

Thank you.

ok  @Siowli  just to check, you need to  'add account' with IG in your 'My IG' dashboard (pic 1), as well as 'add account' on the mt4 platform and the final step is to link them together (your pic). 

To get to that pop up in your pic did you pass through the IG demo and live page, see pic 2. 

image.thumb.png.ea82bf2b9d50050c11a427f2875fbb0e.png

image.png.53aab5b8327780995bfa89d48882a249.png