Daily Charges for Future Bets

Hi

I have just started trading (spread bets only) again with IG after a decade or so. I must say the old platform (around 2008) was a lot user friendly and more intuitive then the current one. Live pricing not available for shares,

When placing a bet for a future on lets say FTSE 100 or a share, I have to place an Order and specify an Expiry Date. On old platform you could specify quarterly futures eg March-19, June-19 etc. There was no daily charge. What I am not sure is whether you get daily charges applied for specifically placing a future bet. Can someone please confirm this for me.

Also it would be nice to have the Expiry date as well as Margin Amounts displayed as columns on the Positions tab and not having to click the position and then click on i

Thanks

Hi @Masin098,, the expiry for a ftse future is set quarterly, current one is March 19th (see chart below) and there are no overnight charges for spread bet futures (see link). Make sure you are on the futures chart by clicking the dropdown box top left corner on the dfb chart and selecting Futures Mar 19.

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/what-funding-and-interest-charges-do-you-to-apply-to-futures-and

image.thumb.png.9ecc2e63fbc2ff39f35b357d538f5561.png

• Thanks 1

Hi Caseynotes

Thanks for your response. Not very obvious. Why not have option on Deal tab to select DFB/Futures and then the Quarter.

Above option is not available on shares, unless I am doing something wrong?

Also do you know if future expiry dates for are available for far away quarters? Eg Jun-19, Sep-19

Thanks

@Masin098, that's an interesting idea, having an option on the deal ticket to switch between dfb and futures.

I've noticed some markets do have a choice between quarterly and 6 monthly but never worked out what the rule was. Also, they don't offer futures (forwards) for all shares but I'm not sure what the criteria for that is either, it might be size of market cap. Apple inc (all sessions) for example offers Mar, June and Sept expiry dates.

image.png.bfeb53dcb311bd881a73a45e35edf2e8.png