S&P 500

Guest Mircea

Question

Guest Mircea

I was looking to buy into the S&P 500 index. But when I search "S&P500" in the IG platfrom I get the "US500" index. Comparing the prices I conclude that the US500 and the S&P500 are the same index. But why did IG change the name of the index? And lastly I am unable to buy or sale in this index. I get a red cross saying "data only". Please help.

1 answer to this question

S&P is actually a registered trademark, and therefore we use the term US500. 

When it comes to the 'data only' notification, that is probably because you are on a share dealing account which you can only use to trade stocks, ETFs and other equities. You would need to open a leverage account (which you can do on MyIG) to trade US500. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Gate io Referrl Code: used as “3930511”. It is the most used referrl code in the world, valid for life, with the highest discount rate. When registering, write “3930511” in the field where it says “Referrl ID”. The commission discount you will receive is 100%. You can also win welcome rewards worth up to $6,666.
    • Gate io Referns Kod u: “3930511” olarak kullanilir. Dünyada en çok kullanılan, ömür boyu geçerli, en yüksek indirim oranına sahip Gate io referns kod udur. Gate io kripto para borsasına kayıt olurken “Referns Kimliği” yazan yere “3930511” yazınız. Alacağınız işlem ücreti indirimi % 100'dür. Ayrıca 6666$ USDT komisyon iade bonusu alacaksınız. Kripto para borsası Gate io Referns Kod u: “3930511” ile vadeli işlem yani futures işlem ücreti indirimleri ve spot ve marjin işlem ücreti indirimleri kazanırsınız. Ayrıca bonuslar ve bir çok promosyon kazanırsınız. Teknoloji ve finans dünyasında yatırım ve ticaret yapmak için hemen Gate io borsasına: “3930511” referns kod u ile kayıt olun.
    • Gate io Referns Kod u: “3930511” olarak kullanilir. Dünyada en çok kullanılan, ömür boyu geçerli, en yüksek indirim oranına sahip Gate io referns kod udur. Gate io kripto para borsasına kayıt olurken “Referns Kimliği” yazan yere “3930511” yazınız. Alacağınız işlem ücreti indirimi % 100'dür. Ayrıca 6666$ USDT komisyon iade bonusu alacaksınız. Kripto para borsası Gate io Referns Kod u: “3930511” ile vadeli işlem yani futures işlem ücreti indirimleri ve spot ve marjin işlem ücreti indirimleri kazanırsınız. Ayrıca bonuslar ve bir çok promosyon kazanırsınız. Teknoloji ve finans dünyasında yatırım ve ticaret yapmak için hemen Gate io borsasına: “3930511” referns kod u ile kayıt olun.
us