AUDUSD 200 MA on daily charts

Guest Dom271

Question

Guest Dom271

Hi,

Can you please explain to me please why the IG 200 MA on the daily is in a totally different position than that of the trading view chart.

Am i suppose to go off the Ig chart? because i cant use the same strategy on both when i play this trade as they are totally different.

Please see attached for charts

Thanks

ig AUD daily chart.png

tradingview AUD daily chart.png

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Dom271 said:

Hi,

Can you please explain to me please why the IG 200 MA on the daily is in a totally different position than that of the trading view chart.

Am i suppose to go off the Ig chart? because i cant use the same strategy on both when i play this trade as they are totally different.

Please see attached for charts

Thanks

ig AUD daily chart.png

tradingview AUD daily chart.png

Hi @Dom271, the difference will probably be down to the tradingview chart being FXCM and doesn't have a Sunday candle whereas the IG charts do have one so the periods won't be exactly the same.

Guest Dom271
27 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi @Dom271, the difference will probably be down to the tradingview chart being FXCM and doesn't have a Sunday candle whereas the IG charts do have one so the periods won't be exactly the same.

I would like set up a trade based on the rebound from the 200MA but im not sure its a smart move when i look at the 200 MA on IG. Even the friday candle on both charts are not aligned. trading view touch resistance whereas the IG has smashed through it. Your thoughts on that?

14 minutes ago, Dom271 said:

I would like set up a trade based on the rebound from the 200MA but im not sure its a smart move when i look at the 200 MA on IG. Even the friday candle on both charts are not aligned. trading view touch resistance whereas the IG has smashed through it. Your thoughts on that?

If you're looking for the MAs to match try playing around with the IG periods, the pic below has the sma set to 240. The bars don't quite match on the two charts either so check the tradingview chart time zone is set to GMT +1.

image.thumb.png.73c122a7ebd1641dda0ce1ccf00c15e9.png