Volume Bars instead

Guest Nowler

Question

Guest Nowler

Hi,

I am new to the IG trading platform and could do with some help please.

How do I put the volume indicator as bars?

I have a line graph at the bottom of my chart, which I assume is the volume indicator??

When I click on any other indicator, it appears on the chart. And then when I click it again, it disappears.

This is not the case with the volume indicator... nothing happens when I click that... and I'm only assuming the indicator at the bottom of my chart is volume.

It may not be. 

* File attached

Thanks in advance

Volume example.png

2 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Nowler said:

This is not the case with the volume indicator... nothing happens when I click that... and I'm only assuming the indicator at the bottom of my chart is volume.

Hi @Nowler,  no, the line graph at the bottom is an extended view of price, you can hide it by clicking on the small arrow down icon at the bottom of the chart (see pic). The volume indicator should appear by clicking the volume tab along the top.

image.thumb.png.2d266f63b5ad9dc56529f8628dde12dd.png

Guest Nowler

I was thinking that it didn't look right :)

Thank you very much!

However, when I click the volume button, nothing happens.

But does when I click other indicators..

EDIT:

It works now that I reduced the TF to daily instead of monthly.

Not sure why that would make a difference, but it now works on monthly.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Nowler