Sign in to follow this  

nzx

Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    bradacus
    Joined 21/08/19 07:46
    • Guest Phil
      An interesting infographic https://www.ft.com/content/44bd6a8e-83a5-11e9-9935-ad75bb96c849   
    • Guest MrYield
      talk me thru tht one? 
    • Thanks for that @ChrisN, I am aware of it and practice the complex retrace tracking myself too.  What I was referring to was that the classic A-B-C corrective wave has the entire correction below (or above) the previous turn in my approach. I do use the classic A-B-C (5-3-5 internal wave profile) and also the complex retrace with the 3-3-5 internals and that one can get pretty tricky.  There is also a version of this that can be 3-3-3.  I also use the A-E Triangle form (3-3-3-3-3) for continuation consolidations and I find it especially useful for ending channels, I had a perfect one to set up my recent Shorts on US large caps.  However in all classic retrace cases (A-B-CsI do not allow the wave B to eclipse the previous motive wave high.  I am aware that some EWT analysts do use this mechanism.  As a matter of simplicity I kind of reject the notion that a wave 3 (motive) top can be eclipsed by a wave B top in a retrace move.  It would seem to make more sense in the classic 1-5 that the wave 3 is the peak and the next major peak would be the wave 5 but only after the retrace is completed. This is all a matter of personal choice of course, for me creating a trading and analytical method from existing technical analysis methodologies is about selecting the aspects of several that fits your psychology and testing it to ensure it works well.  A key factor is understanding when it doesn't work, one example would be where one of the more exotic EWT retrace scenarios takes place.  So I am aware but I do not use it in my methodology. Naturally I agree with your assessment of the power of the tool-sets but like anything it requires extensive study, practice and failures to learn how to use it best within the context of ones own psychology.