please share your experience with pro-real time charts

Guest adish

Question

Does Pro real time provide chart of stocks CFD's or underlying stocks directly from the stock exchange?

IG also asks us to take atleast four trades a month to avail pro real time chart for free of cost, so is there any minimum quantity or volume in those four trades also required?

Your valuable suggestions are welcome.

17 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, adish said:

Does Pro real time provide chart of stocks CFD's or underlying stocks directly from the stock exchange?

IG also asks us to take atleast four trades a month to avail pro real time chart for free of cost, so is there any minimum quantity or volume in those four trades also required?

Your valuable suggestions are welcome.

If you making at least 4 trades (2 round turns) a month then try PRT, there are no set figures and is discretionary as to whether IG will charge a fee but they will warn you in advance if they consider your amount of activity is not enough to warrant the free service.  

17 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

If you making at least 4 trades (2 round turns) a month then try PRT, there are no set figures and is discretionary as to whether IG will charge a fee but they will warn you in advance if they consider your amount of activity is not enough to warrant the free service.  

ok thanks,what about real data feed(monthly fees added),do they show live exchange rates of underlyng stocks or live rates of their CDFs

1 minute ago, adish said:

ok thanks,what about real data feed(monthly fees added),do they show live exchange rates of underlyng stocks or live rates of their CDFs

sorry forgot, no the data is from IG and is the same as on the IG online and mt4 platforms. You can get exchange data (for a small monthly fee) for IG's DMA platform.

6 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

sorry forgot, no the data is from IG and is the same as on the IG online and mt4 platforms. You can get exchange data (for a small monthly fee) for IG's DMA platform.

in dma platform,charts  and rates both ll  be available directly from NYSE(&others)  not cfds? did i got it right?

Edited by adish
2 minutes ago, adish said:

it means underlyng(official) stock prices ll be shown there.

no, it means prices available direct from the liquidity providers rather than being channeled through IG, you can't buy or sell any other way unless you are an institution (liquidity provider) with a seat on the exchange.

32 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

no, it means prices available direct from the liquidity providers rather than being channeled through IG, you can't buy or sell any other way unless you are an institution (liquidity provider) with a seat on the exchange.

but the prices shown will be of underlying stock by the liquidity provider.. am I right?

33 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

based on the underlying yes but they will be what the liquidity provider is willing to provide so on the Level 2 data that comes with the DMA platform you will see the volume available at the best price (buy or sell) then the volume available at the next best price and so on down/up. 

Also, though the share price and the cfd price are both based on the underlying they are 2 different markets so the price won't necessarily be the same for both just as price is often different for the same shares or contracts on different exchanges.

4 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

based on the underlying yes but they will be what the liquidity provider is willing to provide so on the Level 2 data that comes with the DMA platform you will see the volume available at the best price (buy or sell) then the volume available at the next best price and so on down/up. 

Also, though the share price and the cfd price are both based on the underlying they are 2 different markets so the price won't necessarily be the same for both just as price is often different for the same shares or contracts on different exchanges.

Hello Friend,

I want to trade in stock market by observing the charts of underlying stocks on NYSE not CFD's, in that manner I analyze underlying stocks and trade their CFD's accordingly.. but on IG charts are only available for CFD's.. so can you help me by giving suggestion about "how to avail stock charts of underlying stocks(NYSE)?" I will be thankful if you assist  me.

Edited by adish
7 minutes ago, adish said:

Hello Friend,

I want to trade in stock market by observing the charts of underlying stocks on NYSE not CFD's, in that manner I analyze underlying stocks and trade their CFD's accordingly.. but on IG charts are only available for CFD's.. so can you help me by giving suggestion about "how to avail stock charts of underlying stocks(NYSE)?" I will be thankful if you assist  me.

something like Yahoo Finance will give you exchange based charts of individual exchange listed companies.

https://finance.yahoo.com/

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Tradingview use broker charts (Oanda) for their free service, not sure about the pay for service.

take a look at this screenshot

Opera Snapshot_2019-09-02_163951_in.tradingview.com.png