Should this kind of stuff be left to professionals?

dmedin

I've been utterly hammered by falling for the 'chartist' nonsense, to the extent that I am starting to hate stock markets altogether and don't even want to put money into a tracker 'buy and hold until you retire' fund.  I even think 'value investors' and people look for dividend stocks for an income are probably getting taken for a ride too.  Should all this stuff just be left to professionals?  I really am starting to think so, based on my own experience.  This field is full of bullsh!tters and frauds who will convince the gullible to sell their own grandmothers.

Hey  dmedin, sounds like you're in a rough patch. Take it easy for a couple of days, go back to demo, and try to find your own trading strategy. Don't listen so much to experts, and find something that works for you by cherry picking things from others. If this was easy everyone would be doing it. It takes 3-5 years to become consistently profitable for most retail traders.. ..something experts tend to forget to tell you. But you're right, at that time one is a "professional" and has the right to sit at the big boys table.

Don't feel bad about not hacking this **** at this moment, if you keep on doing it you will become good at it.

Take care!

Guest Reevingtard

People gamble in a manner of different ways, this is just another............if you flipped a coin to decide whether to buy/sell, held position for a few minutes and closed I imagine you'd be equally as successful as spending days analysing charts/fundamentals. 

People will tell you different, but that's the truth, there are virtually no retail winners in this game, just the institutions who run it behind closed doors and manipulate every market out there and the brokers who pretend to be your friend whilst raping you......

Guest bear trader
4 minutes ago, Guest Tino said:

I rest my case 

"Without leverage, however, Mr Buffett’s returns would have been unspectacular. The researchers estimate that Berkshire, on average, leveraged its capital by 60%, significantly boosting the company’s return. Better still, the firm has been able to borrow at a low cost; its debt was AAA-rated from 1989 to 2009."

Archived