High brokerage fees

bkhan

Hi 

i've been investing in stocks for over a year, but my gains are eaten up but the £11 fee fee for every trade, I checked in the last year i have paid £600 in transaction fees. is there away around this or am i missing something or is it just the way it is 

any comments would be helpful

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    richreed2426
    Joined 31/01/23 09:02
    • Block Inc., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Block Inc., (SQ:NASDAQ): Daily Chart, 31 January 23, SQ Stock Market Analysis: At this point I am considering the possibility of an ending diagonal in wave C to then retrace lower into wave (B). We have touched and found resistance off equality of C vs. A.   SQ Elliott Wave Count: Wave {v} of C. SQ Technical Indicators: 200EMA as resistance.   SQ Trading Strategy: Looking for downside in wave (B) to then start looking for shorts.   TradingLounge Analyst: Alessio Barretta Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!   Block Inc., SQ: 4-hour Chart, 31 January 23, Block Inc., Elliott Wave Technical Analysis SQ Stock Market Analysis: Looking for a sharp move down soon to confirm the count, ideally we can break the bottom of wave {iv} to have further confirmation. SQ Elliott Wave count: Wave (i) of {a}. SQ Technical Indicators: Above all averages. SQ Trading Strategy: Looking for confirmation to then build shorts.
    • Asian markets registered small losses overnight as investors turned increasingly cautious ahead of this week's crop of big events. Despite the rally in risk assets since October, sentiment remains fragile thanks to ongoing recession fears, with an elevated risk of a short-term pullback at least should the overall view gleaned from this week's events turn out to be a negative one. Both the manufacturing and non-manufacturing Chinese PMI readings moved back into expansion territory for December, reflecting the reopening of the economy and providing sentiment with some near-term support. Fears of ongoing high inflation readings have subsided thanks to the slump in gas prices and falling oil prices, with the latter hit yesterday by signs of strong Russian exports and concerns that OPEC+ will leave output levels unchanged. In earnings reports, today sees AMD, McDonald's and Exxon release earnings, while we also get German and eurozone GDP, plus US consumer confidence. The expected German inflation data has been moved back to next week due to 'technical issues'.   
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage: IMF raises global growth forecasts, but confirms UK is in recession. China and India combined will drive more than 50% of global growth  Indices: European equity markets to open down - reality bites as traders accept that rates continue to climb as inflation remains high. AUD down as Aussie retail sales down. EU GDP data today  FX: USD is now on its longest upward streak since October last year as Fed starts its two day rate meeting where rates are expected to climb 25bps Equities: Earnings – good numbers from UBS. Later today - PFE XOM GM CAT AMD MCD UPS SNAP Commods: Gold down for a 4th day in a row as USD strengthens. Oil at 3wk lows. Copper 2wk lows