Margin Charge

Joebongs

Question

Why do I now seem to be charged a margin when placing an opposing bet (sell) on a specific trade when I have a buy open for the equal value. Previously there was no increase in margin eg placing a sell for £10/point on FTSE when I have a buy active at £10/point? This has occurred over the last 24 hours.

1 answer to this question

16 hours ago, Joebongs said:

Why do I now seem to be charged a margin when placing an opposing bet (sell) on a specific trade when I have a buy open for the equal value. Previously there was no increase in margin eg placing a sell for £10/point on FTSE when I have a buy active at £10/point? This has occurred over the last 24 hours.

Hi, the margin isn't a charge it's merely the amount you must hold in your account to cover your bet so once a trade has been initiated the margin required is deducted from the amount available to place other trades.

Each trade has it's own margin requirement so they are aggregated and subtracted from the funds available and when a trade is closed the subtracted amount is returned to the funds available tab.