Metatrader connection

Question

Good morning 

I contact you because I have a IG account MT4, I try to connect to metatrader for buy a signal, but I can’t connect and at the bottom I don’t have option signal, can someone help me to do the connection 

I try to add my metatrader information for connect community but nothing happen

best regards 

13 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, Chicken13 said:

Good morning 

I contact you because I have a IG account MT4, I try to connect to metatrader for buy a signal, but I can’t connect and at the bottom I don’t have option signal, can someone help me to do the connection 

I try to add my metatrader information for connect community but nothing happen

best regards 

Hi, do you have the IG feeds to your mt4. 'File' > 'Open an Account' . (see pic below)

image.png.c56ccdeef85cdf1a9eb8579fe035ded4.png

33 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, do you have the IG feeds to your mt4. 'File' > 'Open an Account' . (see pic below)

image.png.c56ccdeef85cdf1a9eb8579fe035ded4.png

5 minutes ago, Chicken13 said:

Dear Caseynotes

I am little new with that, I need to do that on the MT4 platform or the MT4 IG plateform ?

regards

no problem, you need to open mt4 so if downloaded from IG there should be IG mt4 icon on your desktop, double click to open mt4 and look in File tab (top left corner) of mt4.

https://www.ig.com/uk/trading-platforms/metatrader-4

I have open MT4 IG on my computer but I can find how to connect to metatrader for have the signal now 

F4FFEA2F-8537-4D17-9A43-E56893E3DB67.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Chicken13 said:

I have open MT4 IG on my computer but I can find how to connect to metatrader for have the signal now 

you don't need to connect to metatrader as you should be connected to IG instead,

you seem to have the feed as the chart has opened.

Right click on any where in 'Market Watch' and click 'Show all' (see pic).

image.png.9303bfa61cc8b8f97548d570027e2e8b.png

Also see https://www.ig.com/uk/trading-platforms/metatrader-4/what-is-mt4-how-to-use-it

and also download the IG app add ons.

Ok but now how I connect my IG MT4 to metatrader 4 for buy a signal 

regards 

1A94B666-125F-40B0-844E-BB6A48EB0DD2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Chicken13 said:

Ok but now how I connect my IG MT4 to metatrader 4 for buy a signal 

regards 

no you don't need to connect to metatrader at all, just IG.  So you don't need metatrader's mt4 or their feed, just the ones provided by IG. 

so go back to my first post above and check you have IG's live and demo feed, as per my picture.

to set up IG just click on each feed (live or demo) in turn and click 'next' and follow the instructions. For the live account you will need the info sent in 2 emails from IG, one with your login and one with your password. For demo account mt4 assigns a random one automatically.

23 minutes ago, Chicken13 said:

metatrader 4 for buy a signal 

just seen you are looking for the metatraders 'signal service', you do that from the mt4 platform, it will have sent you mail, click on the 'Terminal' tab and see pic below

image.png.fc430b3064119986814fa6e950c4829c.png

Edited by Caseynotes

I have that now but when I try to buy a signal, it is impossible and I don’t know why 

8589285F-E773-49FC-B67F-554218B672A5.jpeg

I read all the information but it look like it is impossible from IG to follow metatrader signal, I think IG blocked them