Question

I have never used MT4.  What is the best way to get started please.

10 answers to this question

Guest Stefan

I open demo account but I don't know where is my settings fot MT4.
Nothing come to emil ( I get only onfirmation is open)
In my dashboard I don't have login and password for demo MT4

Can You help me?

I have this strange problem with my MT4 platform. 

Situation: 

MT4 installed on 2 laptops. Laptop A and laptop B. 

When i tried to trade EURUSD on Laptop A, I am not able to select the currency pair. When I tried to trade on Laptop B, I am able to. I have checked both version of MT4 are of the same. Dated 13/9/2019. 

Would like to seek some advice, please. 

5 hours ago, Din76 said:

I have this strange problem with my MT4 platform. 

Situation: 

MT4 installed on 2 laptops. Laptop A and laptop B. 

When i tried to trade EURUSD on Laptop A, I am not able to select the currency pair. When I tried to trade on Laptop B, I am able to. I have checked both version of MT4 are of the same. Dated 13/9/2019. 

Would like to seek some advice, please. 

Hi, if eurusd is not listed in the 'add a chart' tab, click on Marketwatch, right click and then 'Show all'.

On 23/11/2019 at 13:32, Guest Stefan said:

I open demo account but I don't know where is my settings fot MT4.
Nothing come to emil ( I get only onfirmation is open)
In my dashboard I don't have login and password for demo MT4

Can You help me?

Hi, when you add a mt4 demo the platform assigns an auto login and password so there is only email for live accounts. You can start a new demo account by opening mt4  > File > Open an account and click on the IG demo feed, click next and follow the instruction.

Guest Din76
18 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, if eurusd is not listed in the 'add a chart' tab, click on Marketwatch, right click and then 'Show all'.

Great! I am able to trade on both laptops! Thank You, Expert !

Guest Din76

Great! I am able to trade on both laptops! Thank You, Expert !

Guest Din76

Thank you, Expert. IT seems to be working now! 

On 25/11/2019 at 16:23, Caseynotes said:

Hi, when you add a mt4 demo the platform assigns an auto login and password so there is only email for live accounts. You can start a new demo account by opening mt4  > File > Open an account and click on the IG demo feed, click next and follow the instruction.

Caseynotes, how do you find out what the assigned password is?  It doesn't seem to want to tell you what the password it created is.  I even tried changing the password but it won't allow me since I don't know what the current password is? 

20 hours ago, 404HumanNotFound said:

Caseynotes, how do you find out what the assigned password is?  It doesn't seem to want to tell you what the password it created is.  I even tried changing the password but it won't allow me since I don't know what the current password is? 

You can start as many demo accounts as you want. If you don't have the login and password start a new one 'open an account' highlight the demo feed, click next, click new demo account > next > then select account type (cfd, sb currency) check the agree to subscribe newsletter, click next. the platform will create a new demo account and shows you your new login (6 numbers), password and investor password. Note these down and then click finish. You can change the password once you have opened the demo from the options tab. To switch between Live and Demo accounts go to 'Navigator' and at the top it will list live and demo accounts, double click to select.