IG Trade Analytics

As I trade on the MT4 platform (which has it's own analytics) I don't have any trades to analyse on the IG platform so nothing comes up at all not even a blank data set. Could anyone post a pic showing what analytics IG offer, blacking out any personal data, to start a discussion on the best use of what is available from IG, how it could best be used and possibly improved in the future. Thanks.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NixCool said:

Hey ya, here is that screen shot...  its basic...  but a step in the right direction

IG_analytics.jpg

image.png.ef30cff73278dc1fef0f221a96011ceb.png

Thanks, above is an example (lifted off the net) of the mt4 trade analytics you get with the mt4 platform so IG still have some way to go but most importantly the basics are there for quick strategy testing.

Any strategy needs to be tested over a number of trades (20 - 50) before it can give back data as to if it's going to be viable or not. The IG stats give just enough to be able to VERIFY a strategy, just having a set strategy is not enough, it needs to be tested before risking too much money.  

Even though the IG analysis is quite basic, it has been excellent in helping me define/verify my strategy for trading...  Even thought I have only been using it for probably a month, it has helped me tighten up on my trades and has been incredibly useful in removing the "emotional" aspect of trading...  Running completely by the numbers I suppose lol... still got some ways to go, but for the moment, it is good enough for me....  I will look at some more in depth analysis eventually, so some of this conversation has peaked my interest in looking into some other tools

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, NixCool said:

Even though the IG analysis is quite basic, it has been excellent in helping me define/verify my strategy for trading...  Even thought I have only been using it for probably a month, it has helped me tighten up on my trades and has been incredibly useful in removing the "emotional" aspect of trading...  Running completely by the numbers I suppose lol... still got some ways to go, but for the moment, it is good enough for me....  I will look at some more in depth analysis eventually, so some of this conversation has peaked my interest in looking into some other tools

you're right it is good enough to help develop a workable system. 

So count 20 trades and note the score, is it positive or negative, do I need to make major changes or maybe some small adjustments. Keep comparing every 20 trades to refine your system, keep note of what has been tried, what worked and what didn't. 

Don't be tempted to abandon a test before the 20 trades are up, you may have just hit an unlucky run, you need the average over a reasonable sample size to know.

• Like 1