PRT ProOrder Code Confidentiality

Question

Successful automated trading systems are scarce. The ProOrder code is not encrypted/compiled and can therefor been accessed. How do IG prevent this?

2 answers to this question

Have you found "the holy grail" trading system?😉

If you are profitable and trade big size IG may have to hedge?

"

Protection of your codes

• Encryption of your codes: your codes are encrypted by encryption keys before being sent to the ProOrder server. They are not transmitted over the internet without encryption. In addition, to preserve the confidentiality of your codes, no ProRealTime employee knows all of the encryption codes.
  • Security audits: ProRealTime organizes voluntary security audits on a regular basis and applies recommended action plans to reinforce IT security.
  • ProRealTime internal rules: ProRealTime does not execute orders for itself via the ProRealTime platform or ProOrder technology. Also, our IT charter and our conflict of interest prevention policy require all employees to declare their operations on financial markets, including via ProRealTime and via ProOrder technology."

https://trading.prorealtime.com/en/automatic-trading

• Like 1

Thank you Kodiak. I wish I found “the holy grail”. If IG can access your account they can access your prorealtime code. How do IG prevent this? If I understand your answer prorealtime encrypt it but the code is still available in your IG account. 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    adhikari
    Joined 08/04/20 01:25
    • Hi guys, Recently with the free fall from the market, I want to invest some money in the index, S&P500 and ASX200 specifically. What are the options we have with IG? Can I buy index with no overnight funding cost that pays dividend? Or do I have to choose from ETF for that purpose?  Are there recommendations for ETFs? In general what is their distribution schedule? Regards,
    • It's not worth the time or hassle at the bet sizes I put on.  (I.e. minimum) I wouldn't risk anything more than that anyway - trading short time scales is practically indistinguishable from gambling.
    • 'Uptrend' has now petered out and going into reverse.  Congratulations to all those who went long - you're about to lose another sh!t ton of money. In related news: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-bernanke/former-fed-chief-bernanke-sees-bad-year-no-quick-recovery-idUKKBN21P2Z6?il=0