Indices after hours

Hi guys,

A quick question abt the algorithm IG uses, or I mean logic, when the indices/futures are closed, but IG allows trading. How is that priced? As I don’t see any volumes, etc. I understand that when let’s say SPX futures are traded, then for instance DAX futures (CFDs) are linked to them somehow. But when US is closed as well, how are they deprived?

For instance today see spikes in SPX, DAX, DJI, but nothing in futures...

Thank you for your thoughts

Cheers

11 hours ago, catvs said:

Hi guys,

A quick question abt the algorithm IG uses, or I mean logic, when the indices/futures are closed, but IG allows trading. How is that priced? As I don’t see any volumes, etc. I understand that when let’s say SPX futures are traded, then for instance DAX futures (CFDs) are linked to them somehow. But when US is closed as well, how are they deprived?

For instance today see spikes in SPX, DAX, DJI, but nothing in futures...

Thank you for your thoughts

Cheers

Into the mix you need to also chuck in the liquidity providers who supply IG with contracts/prices in and out of hours, so in order to keep IG's market flowing they are plucking prices from a large number of different sources with prices based on the underlying or futures or what is available from an assortment of liquidity providers.

see 'How we source the best prices';

https://www.ig.com/uk/pricing-execution

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Into the mix you need to also chuck in the liquidity providers who supply IG with contracts/prices in and out of hours, so in order to keep IG's market flowing they are plucking prices from a large number of different sources with prices based on the underlying or futures or what is available from an assortment of liquidity providers.

see 'How we source the best prices';

https://www.ig.com/uk/pricing-execution

Thank you so much for the answer and the link - very helpful!