Jump to content
  • 0

Tax file number


mseers81

Question

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 15/01/2020 at 07:08, mseers81 said:

I have created an account but can't find where to put in tax file number so i can buy shares. 

Hey, 

This request should pop up at the top of your MyIG page: 

image.png

If you're having an issue buying US shares it maybe that you need to fill out a 'Dealing US Shares' form. This can be found by going to Settings> Dealing US stock. 

dealing us stock.png

I hope this helps. 

Link to comment
  • 0
Guest Somone
On 21/01/2020 at 14:03, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

This request should pop up at the top of your MyIG page: 

image.png

If you're having an issue buying US shares it maybe that you need to fill out a 'Dealing US Shares' form. This can be found by going to Settings> Dealing US stock. 

dealing us stock.png

I hope this helps. 

Asked for where to set the TFN.

Link to comment
  • 0
Guest Newson

This is a joke I have entered my TFN for US Shares, I want to buy au Shares and it said sorry no TFN on record.

Can a moderator advise how to ad it so I can purchase au shares PLEASE?

 

Link to comment
  • 0

Just transferred thousands over to IG. Went to purchase stocks, error no TFN and yet my money is with IG. I cannot find where I declare my TFN on phone version of site or IG app. Called IG - can't get through due to excessive wait times. Have now emailed IG and will share their response here later... Moderator please flag this issue.

Link to comment
  • 0
On 11/06/2020 at 01:43, Guest Newson said:

This is a joke I have entered my TFN for US Shares, I want to buy au Shares and it said sorry no TFN on record.

Can a moderator advise how to ad it so I can purchase au shares PLEASE?

 

 

On 13/06/2020 at 11:38, Jaiven said:

Just transferred thousands over to IG. Went to purchase stocks, error no TFN and yet my money is with IG. I cannot find where I declare my TFN on phone version of site or IG app. Called IG - can't get through due to excessive wait times. Have now emailed IG and will share their response here later... Moderator please flag this issue.

You can only do this from the web based platform, if you are clicking on the buy button on the share dealing ticket the first time it will trigger the TFN (tax file number) pop up so you can enter it.

If this is not the case please reach out to us on helpdesk.au@ig.com 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      20,028
    • Total Posts
      88,036
    • Total Members
      69,022
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    19911990
    Joined 28/09/22 17:45
  • Posts

    • In this week’s Trading the Trend, Axel Rudolph FSTA looks at the downward trend of the German DAX, going short on the bounce to 12,300, with a stop-loss at 12,940 and a long-term downside target of 11,500. ig        
    • BRITISH POUND TALKING POINTS: GBP/USD was in a difficult spot earlier in September and the problem has continued to devolve. It’s a negative feedback type situation around the UK and the British Pound with a collapsing currency leading to surging bond yields which led to a BoE intervention effort that’s led to more currency collapse. It’s a painful feedback loop that hasn’t yet stopped. Is there hope on the horizon? And is this a problem that will be relegated to the UK, as it has similar hues to problems being seen in Europe and the United States. The current backdrop is messy as bonds and FX are screaming panic and meanwhile, US equities look relatively calm. I discussed this at-length in yesterday’s webinar. The British Pound collapsed last week, or so we thought, only to open our platforms this week to see what a collapse in a major currency actually looked like. GBP/USD has set a fresh all-time-low and perhaps more disturbingly, in the days since, price hasn’t really rebounded much. Sellers are still hitting the pair and now there’s other dislocations that are taking place.   The UK is faced with a similar problem as Europe and the US with extreme inflation. All three Central Banks were rather calm as inflation built through much of last year but this year, as inflation continued to run-higher even after initial tightening efforts, worry started to show given that central bank efforts were not only unsuccessful but also appearing to bring on even more problems. Full article and technical analysis: Sep 28, 2022 | James Stanley, Senior Strategist | DailyFX
    • What market data to trade on Thursday: EUR/USD, NXT, MU & NKE The downward trend for the Dax is expected to continue on Thursday with the upside risk to German inflation data. IGTV’s Jeremy Naylor looks at EUR/USD. Earnings out on Thursday include Next (NXT), Micron Tech (MU) and Nike (NKE).        
×
×
  • Create New...