Sign in to follow this  

Tax file number

Question

8 answers to this question

On 15/01/2020 at 07:08, mseers81 said:

I have created an account but can't find where to put in tax file number so i can buy shares. 

Hey, 

This request should pop up at the top of your MyIG page: 

image.png

If you're having an issue buying US shares it maybe that you need to fill out a 'Dealing US Shares' form. This can be found by going to Settings> Dealing US stock. 

dealing us stock.png

I hope this helps. 

Guest Somone
On 21/01/2020 at 14:03, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

This request should pop up at the top of your MyIG page: 

image.png

If you're having an issue buying US shares it maybe that you need to fill out a 'Dealing US Shares' form. This can be found by going to Settings> Dealing US stock. 

dealing us stock.png

I hope this helps. 

Asked for where to set the TFN.

With the TFN you have to go to Buy an Australian stock. It will get rejected and a pop up should ask you to add the TFN. 

If the pop us is not appearing you will need to remove pop-up blocker on the browser, login again and try. 

I'm getting the same issue. The pop-up that appears is a statement saying that IG does not have my TFN on file. It does not give me the option to add.

Have you sorted it since?

• Like 1

Guest Newson

This is a joke I have entered my TFN for US Shares, I want to buy au Shares and it said sorry no TFN on record.

Can a moderator advise how to ad it so I can purchase au shares PLEASE?

Just transferred thousands over to IG. Went to purchase stocks, error no TFN and yet my money is with IG. I cannot find where I declare my TFN on phone version of site or IG app. Called IG - can't get through due to excessive wait times. Have now emailed IG and will share their response here later... Moderator please flag this issue.

On 11/06/2020 at 01:43, Guest Newson said:

This is a joke I have entered my TFN for US Shares, I want to buy au Shares and it said sorry no TFN on record.

Can a moderator advise how to ad it so I can purchase au shares PLEASE?

On 13/06/2020 at 11:38, Jaiven said:

Just transferred thousands over to IG. Went to purchase stocks, error no TFN and yet my money is with IG. I cannot find where I declare my TFN on phone version of site or IG app. Called IG - can't get through due to excessive wait times. Have now emailed IG and will share their response here later... Moderator please flag this issue.

You can only do this from the web based platform, if you are clicking on the buy button on the share dealing ticket the first time it will trigger the TFN (tax file number) pop up so you can enter it.

If this is not the case please reach out to us on helpdesk.au@ig.com 

• Like 1