Trading unlisted optoins

@CharlotteIG

It's been said a few times that one can trade options in stocks and other things over the phone, where they are not listed on the platform. 

Can you describe how that works?  When I phone up I take it someone will read out a list of numbers to me, strike price and end date and buy/sell prices and all the rest, and ask for a bet size etc?  What happens once I do this - does a chart then appear on my platform so I can follow it and close the trade when I like or do I again have to phone to do these things?

On 24/01/2020 at 18:17, dmedin said:

@CharlotteIG

It's been said a few times that one can trade options in stocks and other things over the phone, where they are not listed on the platform. 

Can you describe how that works?  When I phone up I take it someone will read out a list of numbers to me, strike price and end date and buy/sell prices and all the rest, and ask for a bet size etc?  What happens once I do this - does a chart then appear on my platform so I can follow it and close the trade when I like or do I again have to phone to do these things?

Hey @dmedin, this is a very good questions and one I believe a few people on community may want to hear the answer to. 

When you call to deal a position will appear on your positions tab. You will see that it's set to phone dealing only, you will have to call us to close it for you. The position will reflect profit/ loss so before you call you're able to check. The position will not have a chart linked to it. 

I hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, dmedin said:

🤔 Hmm, well at least there is the 'option' to trade options even if it is a bit awkward doing it that way.  (People my age don't like to use the phone, we like to do everything online. :) )

There is a project looking to make this available on the platform but we don't have a deadline date yet. When we do, I will let you know :) 

• Great! 1