What happens on Forex expiry date?

On 31/01/2020 at 22:35, John-Smith said:

I'm new to Forex trading and wondering what is waiting on the expiry date. For example, if I look at the GBP/JPY, expiry date is 06/04/29. Is this the date until which the numbers like Margin factor will be valid, meaning that they may change the parameters?

22 minutes ago, dau710 said:

Hello and welcome,

Can you give more details about where on the platform you are seeing this date? and is it within ProRealTime, MT4 or Web Platform?

The futures date is the rollover date where the spread must be paid again if you are staying in the trade (you don't pay overnight interest funding on futures). Check your settings for the rollover in the My IG dashboard > settings as to whether auto rollover or auto close trade.

Get the futures charts (if available) by the small arrowed dropdown box next to the DFB chart name. see pic.

image.png.eff7dbae3df3bd523ae782a9e6032bc3.png

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 31/01/2020 at 22:35, John-Smith said:

I'm new to Forex trading and wondering what is waiting on the expiry date. For example, if I look at the GBP/JPY, expiry date is 06/04/29. Is this the date until which the numbers like Margin factor will be valid, meaning that they may change the parameters?

I think that for daily funded bets or cash positions they have to put an expiry on it by the rules - but as you can see it is 2029 - so unless you are planning to hold the position for the next 9 years it isn't relevant.

If you are going with a futures bet vs. spot - then when the expiry date comes you need to either roll into the next one or close out/settle the position at expiry.