Sign in to follow this  

PRT asx share trading

Question

Guest Jack

Hi, 

just got IG/PRT and would like to start trading asx shares through PRT but I have been told not to as it’s OTC trades, I should use IG DMA for trading over 20k as OTC it becomes a lot harder to get your fill. Would like to know others thoughts on this. PRT just looks so streamline to trade off the charts 
cheers 

1 answer to this question

12 minutes ago, Guest Jack said:

Hi, 

just got IG/PRT and would like to start trading asx shares through PRT but I have been told not to as it’s OTC trades, I should use IG DMA for trading over 20k as OTC it becomes a lot harder to get your fill. Would like to know others thoughts on this. PRT just looks so streamline to trade off the charts 
cheers 

Hi, what you are saying is generally correct, the DMA will not only give better fills but also gives a cheaper cost of trading in the long run but only if you are dealing in large size. Some use the PRT platform for charting and the DMA platform for trading as the PRT platform comes free with a minimum number of trades put through either platform.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    SamuelAdm
    Joined 29/03/20 22:36
    • This week is a crucial week for US indices I think especially end of the week. If we are going to see extreme Dow soon, the market will let us know.  The volatility is expected to pick up so money can probably be made in both directions with 1000+ points move again. I personally would not go long for a couple days. There are positions trapped right now going long from last week so I would guess some will be forced to endure some pain, unless they volunteer to take losses.
    • If it moves below $5k to maybe $4k again, it doesn't look like there is a great deal of support. Sure it can double in a short span of time but don't you think this is a very risky trade?
    • as explained earlier in the thread the cumulative risk reward ratio (auto calc'd on a spread sheet) plotted on the chart with the win rate is absolutely fool proof in revealing if a strategy is profitable of not. Also if you make any changes to the strategy the result will show up quickly in the stats so revealing whether the change was advantageous or not. Without hard statistics people have a habit of misleading themselves as to how well they and their strategy are really doing.