MT4 demo connection very slow

Question

Hi, has anyone  else experienced a very sluggish MT4 chart service this morning? My chart hasn't updated since Friday night's close and the connection status bars read only 16/1kb. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers. :)

4 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Johandank said:

Hi, has anyone  else experienced a very sluggish MT4 chart service this morning? My chart hasn't updated since Friday night's close and the connection status bars read only 16/1kb. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers. :)

Hi, click on the connection box (bottom right corner) and rescan servers then go to File > accounts and scan demo for a return ping.

image.png.6fea8a5a101650511d21ab2f71eb75ca.png

• Like 1

Hi Caseynotes!  Thanks for your help. I  followed your instructions but still no 'ping' and no price updates. Though, the  connection status is reading a slightly higher figure so there is hope! Thanks, once again. :)

2 minutes ago, Johandank said:

Hi Caseynotes!  Thanks for your help. I  followed your instructions but still no 'ping' and no price updates. Though, the  connection status is reading a slightly higher figure so there is hope! Thanks, once again. :)

you are welcome, I'm afraid the demo platforms for both mt4 and the web based have not held up well lately with this mad market volatility. 

Yes, I've also drawn to that conclusion. I guess it's just a case of waiting for it to unravel itself. Cheers once again! :)