USD deposit

cinas25

Question

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, cinas25 said:

Hello, 

I live in UK and just open IG share dealing account. I would like to ask if I make a deposit in USD to invest in USA company shares, will my balance appear in USD or it will be converted to GBP in my IG wallet? 

Thanks for your post. 

You are able to deposit and withdraw in dollars but you must make sure you account is changed from instant conversion to manual. You can do this on the MyIG page by selecting Live accounts> Make sure you are viewing is changed to share dealing> Currency conversion> Change to manual> Save changes. 

image.png

All the best 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post. 

You are able to deposit and withdraw in dollars but you must make sure you account is changed from instant conversion to manual. You can do this on the MyIG page by selecting Live accounts> Make sure you are viewing is changed to share dealing> Currency conversion> Change to manual> Save changes. 

image.png

All the best 

Thank you so much for your respond. Will it be also available to convert in ISA account or I will have to buy and sell using shares dealing account to operate in dollars and then transfer to ISA in GBP? am I correct?

2 hours ago, cinas25 said:

Thank you so much for your respond. Will it be also available to convert in ISA account or I will have to buy and sell using shares dealing account to operate in dollars and then transfer to ISA in GBP? am I correct?

You're correct. 

With the ISA account everything has to be converted to GBP. 

• Like 1