Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Past hour
  2. Looking at Lumber then it seems to me that it needs to hold the $30000 level. If it can defend and hold that then there could be further upside this year. If not then it could begin going down into the late $20000's. This is a personal assumption which now will need to be tested based on current price behaviour. In my opinion, for any trend followers who are short, they must hold (even if they do not add to their positions on further price declines) until there is a clear trend reversal. This should execute their stop loss / trailing stop. In my opinion, for any trend followers who are waiting on the sidelines that do not want to short, then they must wait patiently until there is a clear trend reversal signalling / indicating a trend reversal to warrant a long trade initiation.
  3. Today
  4. Yesterday
  5. One thing to remember is that Platinum is trading at a cheaper price than Gold. Gold and Silver have left Platinum behind since the rally started back in August of last year. It seems Platinum has had enough and wants to begin to assert some authority on the price action. Platinum of course has several important industrial uses. I think Platinum will try and hit the $1000 dollar area as that is an important psychological price point and these rallies love nice round numbers as a target. This is seen time and time again in Commodities. Platinum is both an industrial metal and a precious metal. Platinum is also known at the 'Rich Man's Gold'. This could lead to a reversal in pricing between Platinum and Gold. Platinum should be more expensive than Gold and so there could be a shift in speculative capital from Gold into Platinum. Platinum could attract extra volatility as Gold and Silver are more liquid markets. I do not know what will happen in the future for Platinum prices but I shall follow the price action closely. Platinum will not follow any of my thoughts or assumptions as to what I think may happen. Platinum is not obliged to follow any of my trading strategies or plans. Platinum may not follow the path I have mapped out in my mind and nor does it have to. Platinum will do what it will do just like any other Commodity. As a trader the key is whether I can profit from the price action or not. Prices can change like the weather and so can traders views and opinions. I know from my experience that on many occasions the price action changes my views and opinions. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If this did not happen due to stubbornness, ego or I know best attitude then it would be worth worrying about.
  6. Bitcoin is trying to break out when looking at the 'daily'. It will be interesting if it can and if it does then whether the other 'alt coins' follow.
  7. Hi there, can i ask whether it would be possible to add a “show last trade” option. I am always having to go to my transaction history to track my last trade, i like to critique my winning/losing trades and think others would like this feature request.
  8. Both Gold and Silver are still following my road map however both have hit an interesting juncture, which could prove to be an early turning point. I am still favouring the Fib 50% for Gold, a long term reliable Fib level for this market (however it does not occur at a strong price action support level this time so a further deeper retrace could be on the cards) and if that happens then Silver retesting the long term supporting trend line is also on the cards. So much for that, what about the case for the current levels? Gold: Complex form retrace (EWT) completed (that is an A-B-C with internal A-B-C forms on each leg) Pos Mom Divergence at the current price point on Daily and 4 Hourly charts RSI and Stochastic both over sold Credible 1-5 wave down to current price point Bounce off the Fib 38% and associated support zone Potential Triangle breakout and retest then rally away on 4 Hourly chart Similar on Silver, although perhaps less compelling. I might expect a further drop on Silver with Gold holding or rallying slowly. I am Long Gold at the Fib 38% with tight stops just below the turning point for a very low exposure trade. For me this was worth the small loss if Gold carries on down but there may be another chance to get Long on a near term EWT 1-2. And maybe Platinum is showing the way...
  9. GBPUSD also still following my road map. First chance for a rally for me is the Fib 62% zone where the previous channel breakout occurred and a previous retest failed. Chance for a test of strong support at Fib 6/78% cannot be ruled out and this pair is spiky so could easily occur. All aligned to directional price action on EUR and AUD as well.
  10. EURUSD is still following my roadmap. I am tracking another small leg down to the Fib 76/78% to complete an EWT1-2 retrace prior to ta strong rally in wave 3.
  11. Mercury


    Looking a bit further in on AUD it looks like a potential channel breakout that may be followed up by a channel line retest. If this fails then a strong rally could ensue, supported by RBA dovishness. I have market up an initial target of 7650, the zone where the bearish breakout of the previous Triangle consolidation occurred (plus a failed retest) however if this pair gets a strong following wind the consolation Triangle line could be retested around 8000. Could all of this coincide with a similar rally on GBP and EUR?
  12. Hi ! Is it possible to get the twitter feed onto the pro realtime platform as its really useful especially for important data figures thanks Michael
  13. Kodiak


    Try right -click on the chart?
  14. If anyone can name me an asset that has delivered the returns that Bitcoin has over the same time period of around seven years then I would be interested to know. Current Price: $5,340.81 Today: +0.82% +$43.24 Period Dollar Change Percent Change Today +$43.24 +0.82% ↑ Last 7 days +$263.09 +5.18% ↑ Last 30 days +$1,341.48 +33.54% ↑ Last 6 months -$1,114.68 -17.27% ↓ Last 1 year -$3,522.69 -39.74% ↓ Last 2 years +$4,085.41 +325.43% ↑ Last 3 years +$4,898.65 +1,107.90% ↑ Last 5 years +$4,847.72 +983.13% ↑ Last 7 years +$5,335.55 +101,434.35% ↑ Bitcoin supply is inflating at around 4% annually. This rate will drop sharply in 2020, when the next reward halving occurs.
  15. Gold need a reason to move up otherwise it will merely play out a downward move followed by sideways price action. So right now all the potential drivers have been delayed. So what are they? UK Brexit US-China Trade talks (lasting forever) Recessions in major economies like the US War Significant Political and Economic Uncertainty I could go on but you get the gist of it. There is no strong driver for the Gold price right now. Until this changes then Gold is not going anywhere near $1400 levels. No one has a map of the future. None us can possibly know what is going to happen going forwards. The speculative capital that drove Gold prices up is the same speculative capital that can drive Gold prices down.
  16. So 14 hours later from my previous post (above) all the Crypto's that IG offer through their platform are in the blue. It is 08:32 am. Now many argue that it was just fluke / guess that I have made. I was reading some research which showed the Bitcoin performed well in April and it has finished April on a positive note over the last four consecutive April's. It was currently up around 27% on a month-to-month basis. Bitcoin had previously rallied 8%, 26% and 33% percent in the month of April in 2016, 2017 and 2018, respectively. When you look back at the data then you will see that Bitcoin has posted gains in April in five out of the last seven years.
  17. Can somebody guide me on how to add One click trading option in the charts. I went to tools - Options - Trade and enabled the one click trade, but i still dont see the Buy and sell option on top of the chart.
  18. That's what everyone else wants to know! I tried to top up my aurora position and I found out that I couldnt, IG didnt even bother to give me a prior warning of their decision to discontinue this stock. Common sense and respect for the investor would normally ensure that IG investors who hold these shares would be notified! At present IG is reviewing their decision whether to continue with cannibis and such related stocks. The only explanation they can give is that quote "because of the political landscape around them" to start with quite strange english and a very poor vague response. When requesting to transfer my stocks to another broker this option is refused. At present we cannot buy or transfer just sell,while this matter is resolved. IG have their investors over a barrel until this matter is resolved. No deadline for a decision has been announced. Meanwhile position holders will get tired of waiting and will be forced to sell to close their positions without knowing the real reason for not wanting to deal these shares.If IG doesnt approve of can stocks then simple allow people to transfer them to other brokers who want to deal these stocks. I dont see how this would disadvantage IG. I feel sorry for stock holders who bought cheap, this would be wiped out if you are forced to sell.
  19. Last week
  20. No I did not buy them through IG Australia
  21. hey, i need one calculation / statement that i can see how much i have gaind money and lost money from all actions i have made. calculating all the papers would be very time consuming.... is it phossible to see other than the prorealtime, since even that is now not working, maybe cause i lost all :D
  22. At 5:44 pm all the Cryptos are in the red but are coming back strong. I sense they could be about to all hit a blue wave based on current short term momentum. It is just a 'gut feeling' based on instincts. Let's see what happens.
  23. Me too ... proper options. They aren't just a SB/CFD provider. They do traditional share dealing too. Just not traditional options.
  24. Mt4 is just the front end user interface to plug into the dealing side of IG so assume anything you can run on MT4 can run on the IG mt4
  25. How else would they do it? It’s a spread betting platform after all. Would like to see shares options on the platform. That would be funky.
  26. Nice spot. Added to watchlist.
  27. If you buy options you need to have an edge and buy if you think the price goes up or sell if you expect the price to go down And you need also add time to the analysis (because of the options time decay) and choose the best option If the option expire before the move take place you dont make any money even if you are right in the direction But for example if you think the market goes up you can buy an option and wait and no worry about stops and other things (except time decay), you know the max loss when open the position The spread is wider but margin = max loss (optionsprice) Demo account as always a good place to start
  28. What happens if the underlying asset moves 2% or more and volatility increase during the day? The problem with selling options is that you cant add a stop (and limit) but you can hedge by buying or selling the underlying asset But in the long run (the bank always win) and if you dont blow your account you probably make a profit?
  1. Load more activity