GBP/USD

FiringSquad13

Any thoughts on where this will go.  Currently above the support line but a break of the support line could see a big drop.

I suppose again the crucial factor is the interest rate.  I see conflicting articles on this daily.  Over the weekend BofE govenor Mark Carney has said that he has not been close to voting to raise rates.  

I will be watching UK GDP figures Wednesday.  0.7% for Q2 expected.  Also 2.6% y/y.  Then of course NFPs on Friday.  Last month's 173k was well below market expectations.  Expecting 203k this release.

chart.png

Hey Firing Squad,

I want to be long GBPJPY and short EURGBP.

I like the prospects for the GBP but the USD I feel will continue to get stronger.

Japan and Europe continue to have monetary policy pointing to easing further and so I believe are a good short on the other side of wanting to be long GBP

What do you think?

Guest FoxTrader

hi FiringSquad - it is two days later and we are still in that ballpark (GBP/USD now, 30/9/2015 at 14:00 gmt on 15171) - not really moving. Also seeing conflicting realizations on analysis and fundemetal info every day - HUGE uncertainty.... I am a GBP bull, so...

Will be interesting when we talk again in, say, a week or so ???/

Happy days

• 1 month later...

Hey Jason,

US rate rise coming this month.

I expect the USD will be strong until then so the Pound should continue to weaken this week.

My feeling is there won't be another rise in rates for a while after this one.

This should see a good bounce coming post the rates decision.

Just my thoughts and I will be trading accordingly.

Cheers,

JB.

Guest FoxTrader

here we are - 30 Nov 2015 and at the moment the GBP/USD is ready to fall through 1.5004 - never thought that it would go there - the "big drop" certainly did occur....:(

happy days

Archived