Sign in to follow this  

Best Intra day scalping indicators for Indices

Hi

Im interested to know what other day traders are using as indicators for intra day scalping as Im testing a couple of ideas out on the indices  

Has anyone come across or used TDI?? its available on tradingview apparently but something Ive no experience of.. 

No smart **** answers !! lol  

28 minutes ago, robertbowler said:

Hi

Im interested to know what other day traders are using as indicators for intra day scalping as Im testing a couple of ideas out on the indices  

Has anyone come across or used TDI?? its available on tradingview apparently but something Ive no experience of.. 

No smart **** answers !! lol  

Hi, yes TDI is a useful tool, see below TDI with arrows marking red/green crossovers. Also Stochastic (for comparison) looks to have similar turning points as all these types of indicator are based at their core on moving averages, TDI (Traders Dynamic Index) uses RSI and volatility bands.

image.thumb.png.97946824a759e6883c94d2bbaa188190.png

Hi Robert,

Most indicators measure momentum in some way - what works on weekly and daily charts also works on intra-day charts

I'm assuming that you're not blindly trading Indicators - I use Indicators as when my set-ups show in the markets the indicators I use trigger within a bar or 2 

If you alter the period of the Indicator you should be able to get it to work in sync with price cycles260.thumb.JPG.76ec7e7eeaaaceb6f769e1b52282a433.JPG