Market Profile

Dogstar

Question

Hi, I'd like to start using market profile software in my spread betting account but, as far as I'm aware, IG don't offer that on their platform.

I've been told that you can add tools onto the MT4 platform. Is this true and, if so, how would I go about incorporating such third party software onto that platform?

Thanks,

D

7 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, Dogstar said:

Hi, I'd like to start using market profile software in my spread betting account but, as far as I'm aware, IG don't offer that on their platform.

I've been told that you can add tools onto the MT4 platform. Is this true and, if so, how would I go about incorporating such third party software onto that platform?

Thanks,

D

Hi, correct, IG doesn't offer the market or volume profile indicators on their web based platform, not sure about the IG Prorealtime platform.

Both are available for MT4 as download indicators free from dozens of online sites that are added to your mt4 indicators folder and can then be added to any chart by drag and drop.

Ask here for more details if needed.

• Like 1

That's great. Thanks for the help. I'm currently using their regular web-based platform off a Mac, but once I've got new PC, I'll try to set it up (I've been told that the vast majority of these add-ons only work on a PC, or they perform much better on a PC). Or am I missing something?

Best wishes,

D

2 minutes ago, Dogstar said:

That's great. Thanks for the help. I'm currently using their regular web-based platform off a Mac, but once I've got new PC, I'll try to set it up (I've been told that the vast majority of these add-ons only work on a PC, or they perform much better on a PC). Or am I missing something?

Best wishes,

D

mt4 was written for pc and the hack for mac is just that so you may be right with regards add on custom indicators, I've not used mt4 on a mac at all.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dogstar said:

I was contemplating paying for a particular brand of market profile software, which is supposed to be the best, but what's your opinion on the free stuff out there?

The 'pay for' indicators tend to have cleaner written code and more bells and whistles but are not necessarily better.

Below is a fairly basic free one but there are dozens of different ones to try before going to pay for.

https://www.pointzero-trading.com/Products/indicators

https://www.pointzero-trading.com/Products/view/PZMarketProfile

Also consider Volume Profile which is very similar but instead of being time based is volume based.

image.thumb.png.683a0e93f655947de585c4140ce352e1.png

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Unlike many emerging platforms that are building a reputation, Safe is already a leading provider of smart wallet infrastructure for Ethereum and EVM blockchains and their focus is to transform every Ethereum account into a secure smart account. With over 200 projects already deployed on Safe's standard, including Gnosis Pay and Worldcoin, it boasts a vast ecosystem that enables new applications in DeFi, staking, gaming, and more. Widely used by individuals and organizations for features like gasless transactions, facial recognition logins, Safe is trusted by industry giants like Vitalik Buterin, Punk6529, Shopify, and Reddit for managing their digital assets. I believe with over 8.3 million Safe accounts, 47 million transactions processed, zero critical security incidents since launch in 2018 plus a slated Bitget listing of SAFE token, Safe is setting the industry benchmark for security. Who is/are Safe’s closest competitors?
    • Dow, Nasdaq 100 and Nikkei 225 make headway off recent lows The selling in indices has stopped for now, with major markets higher after finding at least a short-term low last week. Source: Getty Images Written by: Chris Beauchamp | Chief Market Analyst, London   Publication date: Tuesday 23 April 2024 13:38 Dow recovery goes on The index continues its recovery from the lows of last week, and Monday’s session saw it move back above the 100-day simple moving average. The flood of major earnings over the coming two weeks may mean that the index experiences a more volatile period, even if it does continue to rebound. Further gains target 39,000, which provided some resistance earlier in the month, and then on to 40,000. A close back below 38,000 could suggest the price will head back towards 37,500, retesting last week’s low. Source: ProRealTime Nasdaq 100 braces for big tech earnings The pullback in the index paused yesterday, as the price reached 17,000. A small gain helped to suggest that a low may be forming. The big tech earnings that dominate this week and next may mean that the index struggles in the short-term, though with the percentage of index members below their 20-day SMA hitting 5% last week a short-term bounce still seems likely. A close above 17,415 and the 100-day SMA helps to build a short-term bullish view. Sellers will want to see a close back below 17,000, which could then open the way to the January low at 16,177. Source: ProRealTime Nikkei 225 returns to 100-day SMA As with other indices, the Nikkei 225 has seen its pullback pause over the past three sessions. Buyers appeared last week when the index dropped below 37,000, and the index then pushed back to the 100-day SMA. A close above the 100-day SMA would add strength to the bullish view, while the price then targets the early April highs around 39,860. 37,000 continues to hold as support for now, so a break below here is needed to put the bearish view back on track. Source: ProRealTime
    • While the price of crude oil stabilises, gold and silver prices fall sharply De-escalation in the Middle East leads to risk on sentiment and flows out of save haven commodities such as precious metals. Source: Getty Images Written by: Axel Rudolph FSTA | Senior Financial Analyst, London   Publication date: Tuesday 23 April 2024 13:23 Brent crude oil price recovers slightly from near one-month low The Brent crude oil price’s sharp decline from its 91.67 mid-April high to Monday’s 85.21 near one-month low amid de-escalation in the Middle East has been followed by a minor bounce which so far remains tepid and below the 87.11 mid-March high, though. Were 85.21 to give way, the key mid-November-to-early March previous resistance area, now because of inverse polarity a support zone, at 84.58 to 83.79 would probably be tested. Source: ProRealTime Gold price plunges to three-week low as geopolitical tensions ease Spot gold is on track for its second straight day of losses, having so far fallen by around 5% from its mid-April $2,431 per troy ounce record high, as tensions in the Middle East ease. A potential downside target is seen at the 5 April low at $2,268. If fallen through, a more significant correction might take the precious metal price to its 20 March $2,223 high. Minor resistance sits between its mid-April low and Tuesday’s intraday high at $2,335. Further minor resistance can be spotted at the 17 April $2,354 low. Source: ProRealTime Silver price comes off its three-year high The spot silver price is seen coming off its $29.79 per troy ounce mid-April high, a level last traded in February 2021, towards its 5 April low and the February-to-April uptrend line at $26.29 to $26.16 as geopolitical tensions in the Middle East abate. Another potential downside target is the 21 March high at $25.77. Minor resistance above Tuesday’s intraday high at $27.36 can be seen at the 10 April low at $27.53. Source: ProRealTime
us