US Bank Account

BulldogandBear

Question

I am a UK resident and have just open my account and have yet to transfer some funds across into a S&S ISA.  I trade in the US and was wondering if anyone knows if the platform offers a US bank account facility to hold funds used to purchase US stocks so i don't have to pay a currency fee ever time they are transferred from dollars into pounds and via verus.

1 answer to this question

On 19/05/2020 at 15:57, BulldogandBear said:

I am a UK resident and have just open my account and have yet to transfer some funds across into a S&S ISA.  I trade in the US and was wondering if anyone knows if the platform offers a US bank account facility to hold funds used to purchase US stocks so i don't have to pay a currency fee ever time they are transferred from dollars into pounds and via verus.

Thanks for your post. 

With our ISAs the base currency is GBP and all money must get converted to GBP. 

With our share dealing accounts we have an option to switch to manual conversion which means when you close US trades the money will stay in a dollar basket and will not be converted. (MyIG> Live accounts> Currency conversion> Manual conversion).

I hope this helps