Bank withdrawal

1 hour ago, ganesdarsh said:

Im new to IG and I try to withdraw recently, IG customer service said that I only can withdraw through bank "once I've been with IG for a while"? How long is the period? 

Can anyone advise?

This time is determined by out credit team, we wouldn't be able to give you a specific time period/ date. 

All the best 

On 21/05/2020 at 22:43, CharlotteIG said:

This time is determined by out credit team, we wouldn't be able to give you a specific time period/ date. 

All the best 

That's very very weird, a customer can't recover their funds if they want to ? And you are not able to give a timeframe ? 

Joo i would suggest you to avoid this plaform totally. It withdrawal process is extremely tedious. I have requested for my fund return to my account but was told i could not do so as my bank account is not verified when in the system show that it is verified. I am still trying to sort this out with their customer service whom are giving all misleading information 

Once i received my fund i will rather not deal with IG market at all. 

On 22/05/2020 at 19:51, Joo said:

That's very very weird, a customer can't recover their funds if they want to ? And you are not able to give a timeframe ? 

Clients are still able to get their funds back, it will just have to go back to the card they used to fund the account. 

On 23/05/2020 at 06:27, edtreat said:

Joo i would suggest you to avoid this plaform totally. It withdrawal process is extremely tedious. I have requested for my fund return to my account but was told i could not do so as my bank account is not verified when in the system show that it is verified. I am still trying to sort this out with their customer service whom are giving all misleading information 

Once i received my fund i will rather not deal with IG market at all. 

We do apologise if you experienced issues with our withdrawal process. I will relay this issue to our client facing managers.  

All the best 

8 minutes ago, CharlotteIG said:

Clients are still able to get their funds back, it will just have to go back to the card they used to fund the account. 

What happens if I need to get a new card e.g. I lose my card or it gets stolen? 

Just now, dmedin said:

What happens if I need to get a new card e.g. I lose my card or it gets stolen? 

If this is the case you would have to verify your old card and send over some documentation showing that the new card is replaying your old lost/stolen card. That way you will be able to withdraw back to the new card. 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/05/2020 at 01:51, Joo said:

I would like to update my message as I've withdrawn for the first time today and it was a good chunk of my money. It took less than 24h from the moment I clicked the button to the moment the money arrived in my bank account. I can only recommend IG to everyone now, excellent service. My friends had the same experience concerning withdrawals.

Edited by Joo
Grammar

Well, It is true that customer service at IG is not good. I have submitted all the documents two weeks before but still account is not open. I contacted helpdesk two times both the time I got standard reply by saying that it will be open soon (by this week every time). However, without any specific reason it got delayed.