Trading info and validity

KHYEOH

Question

HI, i am new here and i would like to know how futures trading platform work. Say i go for wall street futures index, when i go for oder, what is the meaning for stop normal and stop guarantee, net off and force open.

For instance, i would like to buy the index at 25,000. What should i do? after i buy, how long do i have to sell it? and, when i want to sell, what should i be alert of?

9 answers to this question

3 hours ago, KHYEOH said:

HI, i am new here and i would like to know how futures trading platform work. Say i go for wall street futures index, when i go for oder, what is the meaning for stop normal and stop guarantee, net off and force open.

For instance, i would like to buy the index at 25,000. What should i do? after i buy, how long do i have to sell it? and, when i want to sell, what should i be alert of?

Hi, see platform help video, also go see the IG Academy here after logging in;

https://www.ig.com/uk/learn-to-trade/ig-academy

HI thanks.

Can i also know there is spot index and futures index. What is the grace period for each? say example, on futures, if i foresee Wall Street Index to go up, i will go for "long" but what is the time frame i can hold before i execute "short"option?

6 minutes ago, KHYEOH said:

HI thanks.

Can i also know there is spot index and futures index. What is the grace period for each? say example, on futures, if i foresee Wall Street Index to go up, i will go for "long" but what is the time frame i can hold before i execute "short"option?

The futures chart is from the dropdown box on the index spot chart (next to the name, top left corner). If you set rollover to auto from your Mt IG > settings then a futures position will stay open until you close it.

Thank you for applying for an IG account.

As part of the account-opening process, we have conducted a risk review. We wanted to let you know that as a result of this review, the minimum margin rate for your shares positions will be 20%.

The 20% margin rate applies only to shares and share option positions.

If you have any questions, please contact us using the details below.

HI, i got this msg from the admin. I just want to find out if i am keen on wall street futures, how much min amount i should place in?

On 01/06/2020 at 18:01, Caseynotes said:

should add if you rollover you will pay the spread over again.

HI, can i check with you, why is futures on IG so different from those of investing.com and dow jones e mini? those 3 platforms can gave variance of 100 points. Do you have any idea?