Sign in to follow this  

ETH Blockchain

A friend recommended investing in ETH crypto currency - Ethereum blockchain.  It seems very volatile - has anyone heard of it and can offer any guidance?  This would be my first venture into crypto currencies and suspect that crypto is even more difficult  to forecast prices than standard share markets.

Posted (edited)

If it's your first foray into crypto, just buy bitcoin. Set aside an amount each month you can afford and buy bitcoin. Don't even bother looking at the price. DCA each month, stick it on a Trezor and forget it. Hopefully in a few years you'll have enough to retire. Everyone should have at least 5% of btc in their portfolio imho.

Alternatively, if you're looking to set up a crypto "sh1tcoin" portfolio be prepared to dive in, deep, into research.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Tezos, Monero etc and these don't even touch on DeFi, Security Tokens, Lending, Staking etc.

Have something like this:

40-60% Bitcoin (low risk - for crypto anyway)

30% Ethereum, Cardano, Tezos etc (Large Cap alt coins with medium risk)

15% Higher risk alt coins but higher reward (this is where your research comes in to find legit projects)

5% Small Cap coins, High leverage, full degenerate margin trading. Huge reward if you win but highly risky and if you lose all that 5% who cares? Your Bitcoin holdings should make up for the loss. But if it goes 10x then holy momma.

p.s IMHO stay away from the likes of Ripple, Tron and Bitcoin SV.

Edited by HappilyNorth
p.s

21 hours ago, dprophet said:

What is a Trezor?

It's a hardware wallet.  The Ledger wallets are also a fine choice.

21 hours ago, hobbsc said:

It's a hardware wallet.  The Ledger wallets are also a fine choice.

Sounds like BTC is turning into an industry :D