Closing only: Market unavailable to open

rickymate

Question

5 answers to this question

Guest james

Closing only: Market unavailable to open 

This appears on my spread bet when I went to trade high volume stock when market opens and when I want to trade etfs. (Its always on stock where I can make easy money), I been trading for a long time with another platform(Interactive brokers and still do). The volume for all these stock is good but it doesn't let me buy long or short. Can you let me know why please.

On 16/02/2021 at 12:19, Malcolmbell1 said:

Any idea why Tremor International unavailable to open? There have been comments that they are seeking a USA listing soon?

IG removed c.1000 shares from leveraged trading at the end of March 2021 - Tremor was on the list - and began force closure of any open positions, regardless of P&L state

On 13/06/2020 at 17:00, rickymate said:

I have a spreadbet account. some stocks show (Closing only: Market unavailable to open) while market is open no idear why. Missed some really good trades because of this please help. Thanks.

IG removed c.1000 shares from leveraged trading at the end of March 2021 - Tremor was on the list - and began force closure of any open positions, regardless of P&L state

On 13/06/2020 at 17:00, rickymate said:

I have a spreadbet account. some stocks show (Closing only: Market unavailable to open) while market is open no idear why. Missed some really good trades because of this please help. Thanks.

Thanks for your post. 

Sometimes stocks go to closings only if: 

The market capitalisation has decreased 

Not enough clients trade the stock. 

If you let me know the stock and I can check with out shares desk the reason. 

All the best