Include total costs for dealing (commission and taxes)

MartinC

I've been trading away for a couple of weeks now and yes, the platform is pretty easy to use.

There is a "but" however - the running profit and loss only shows what would be gained through selling a share at a higher price.

It does not consider the initial cost of placing the deal, or how much it would cost you to sell again.

It's a misleading figure that must have left some others out of pocket in the past.

I'm fiddling away with a seperate spreadsheet that does include those little "extras".

It would be excellent if you could figure into the profits all of the charges and make that figure represent the "actual" amount the user will pocket.

Edited by MartinC
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, MartinC said:

I've been trading away for a couple of weeks now and yes, the platform is pretty easy to use.

There is a "but" however - the running profit and loss only shows what would be gained through selling a share at a higher price.

It does not consider the initial cost of placing the deal, or how much it would cost you to sell again.

It's a misleading figure that must have left some others out of pocket in the past.

I'm fiddling away with a seperate spreadsheet that does include those little "extras".

It would be excellent if you could figure into the profits all of the charges and make that figure represent the "actual" amount the user will pocket.

Thanks for your post @MartinC

If you're trading on a CFD account unfortunately there's nothing that we currently have in place to resolve this issues. The commission and any other fees come out separately. 

With a share dealing account you can change the booking cost so it includes the commission and charges in the profit/ loss. If you need help calculating this I would advise giving us a call and our help desk will amend it for you. 

All the best

• 7 months later...
Guest George
On 03/09/2020 at 09:11, CharlotteIG said:

If you're trading on a CFD account unfortunately there's nothing that we currently have in place to resolve this issues. The commission and any other fees come out separately. 

With a share dealing account you can change the booking cost so it includes the commission and charges in the profit/ loss. If you need help calculating this I would advise giving us a call and our help desk will amend it for you. 

All the best

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for this information.
Could you please explain how we change the booking cost to include commission and charges in the profit/loss? I've been looking around the platform for a while but cannot find this for the life of me!

Many Thanks

Guest George
On 03/09/2020 at 09:11, CharlotteIG said:

All the best

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for sharing this information.
How do we go about changing the booking cost so it includes commission in the profit/loss?

Many Thanks,
George