Stop order on a sharedealing ISA

The people on the live chat can't seem to understand this concept so I'll ask this here.

Can I automatically sell my shares if they drop in price (to a specific level) in the sharedealing ISA?

EXAMPLE:

I buy 100 shares of company X at £50.   I want to automatically sell the shares if they DROP to £48 for a LOSS of £200  (100 x £2).

I do not want to sell for £48.5, £48.1 or £48.01, it has to be a price EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN £48. 

Is there a way to do this or not? 

On 03/09/2020 at 09:50, Goodfellow88 said:

The people on the live chat can't seem to understand this concept so I'll ask this here.

Can I automatically sell my shares if they drop in price (to a specific level) in the sharedealing ISA?

EXAMPLE:

I buy 100 shares of company X at £50.   I want to automatically sell the shares if they DROP to £48 for a LOSS of £200  (100 x £2).

I do not want to sell for £48.5, £48.1 or £48.01, it has to be a price EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN £48. 

Is there a way to do this or not? 

Thanks for your post. 

If you use a stop order to sell it means we will sell at the price you select or worse. We will try and get the price you selected but if the market were to move downwards rapidly we will get the next available price. 

In your example, if you were to set a stop order to sell at £48 your instructions to us would be sell at £48 or less. 

I hope this helps. 

On 07/09/2020 at 15:14, CharlotteIG said:

Thanks for your post. 

If you use a stop order to sell it means we will sell at the price you select or worse. We will try and get the price you selected but if the market were to move downwards rapidly we will get the next available price. 

In your example, if you were to set a stop order to sell at £48 your instructions to us would be sell at £48 or less. 

I hope this helps. 

Hi, Charlotte.  Can I add to this and ask why I can't add a Stop/Sell order on Powerhouse Energy Group in in my Share Dealing account?  Thanks.

I also can't remove my Limit/Take Profit from Supply@ME Capital PLC.  Spread Betting.