Jump to content

NKY


Recommended Posts

...near the upper end of recent range...:

1115293037_Japan225_20200926_03_06.thumb.png.fd0d100482606c2ad1c3b148afad8987.png 

 

while "rest of the world (SPX, RTY, DAX) near lower end of recent ranges... - wondering if that is a sustainable divergence...

US stimulus/election uncertainty, re-lockdown in Europe, relatively fewer cases in Japan may be the narrative behind it..

thoughts?

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, HMB said:

while "rest of the world (SPX, RTY, DAX) near lower end of recent ranges... - wondering if that is a sustainable divergence...

 

Could be that they are withdrawing their holdings of foreign shares and buying their own?  Who knows with these inscrutable Japanese!

They do tend to be ahead of the rest of the world.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, dmedin said:

 

Could be that they are withdrawing their holdings of foreign shares and buying their own?  Who knows with these inscrutable Japanese!

They do tend to be ahead of the rest of the world.  

good point - still relatively strong JPY seems to confirm this

obviously can't explain previous week's rising NKY while JPY was weakening (vs USD) - could be increase in speculative USD (dip) buying dominating the JPY demand by Japanese investors reallocating to more domestic shares, or BoJ increasing ETF purchases once said reallocation seemed to slow..

 

 

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, HMB said:

good point - still relatively strong JPY seems to confirm this

obviously can't explain previous week's rising NKY while JPY was weakening (vs USD) - could be increase in speculative USD (dip) buying dominating the JPY demand by Japanese investors reallocating to more domestic shares, or BoJ increasing ETF purchases once said reallocation seemed to slow..

 

 

 

 

Are you trading based on fundamentals?

Link to comment

Not improbable I'm missing something (again), but right now don't see why NKY would break above recent resistance around 23375 before US Open.  Friday's Don Quarantino move has been more than undone by now.  Pelosi sees "some progress" (Sunday, CBS according to Reuters), but for the last eight hours or so US futures sideways - would be unlikely if compromise had been agreed already - hence absence of volatility later would be surprising.  25 points or so NQ opening gap should act at least a bit as "magnet" (and move to close that pull NKY with it).

 

1953495927_Japan225_20201004_22_40.thumb.png.b05704c19d2e8b692c7a672cf7f975f9.png

 

    

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, HMB said:

Not improbable I'm missing something (again), but right now don't see why NKY would break above recent resistance around 23375 before US Open.  Friday's Don Quarantino move has been more than undone by now.  Pelosi sees "some progress" (Sunday, CBS according to Reuters), but for the last eight hours or so US futures sideways - would be unlikely if compromise had been agreed already - hence absence of volatility later would be surprising.  25 points or so NQ opening gap should act at least a bit as "magnet" (and move to close that pull NKY with it).

 

1953495927_Japan225_20201004_22_40.thumb.png.b05704c19d2e8b692c7a672cf7f975f9.png

 

    

 

In my view the Japanese index has already 'pulled back' and rejected the lower level with a hammer hence I'm long.

  • Thought provoking 1
Link to comment

ok - might go long Dax or NDX with similarly tight stop later, if either comes back, and if NKY is lower then. (to be positioned for breakout in either direction - if such happens, then soon moving stop of the leg that's still open closer;  targeting small gain. short term trade).

  • Thought provoking 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, HMB said:

ok - might go long Dax or NDX with similarly tight stop later, if either comes back, and if NKY is lower then. (to be positioned for breakout in either direction - if such happens, then soon moving stop of the leg that's still open closer;  targeting small gain. short term trade).

... waiting..  ;)

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      21,293
    • Total Posts
      90,935
    • Total Members
      41,412
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    blank
    Joined 07/02/23 17:19
  • Posts

    • Look Ahead to 08/02/23: Oil inventories; TTEF, DIS, UBER and BDEV earnings Oil, tech, and the consumer are set to dominate the markets on Wednesday, with earnings from TotalEnergies (TTEF), EIA data, and results from Walt Disney (DIS) and Uber Technologies (UBER). Angeline Ong | Presenter, Analyst and Content Editor, London | Publication date: Tuesday 07 February             
    • 07 February 2023 Spot Gold The price of gold has extended its pullback from overbought territory over the last week and has found some near-term support at the 50-day simple moving average (50MA) (green line). Our preference remains to look for long entry on a bullish price reversal. A bullish reversal might be considered if we can see price closing above the 1875 level, provided that the 50MA is not broken with a price close below. Should the 50MA level be broken and the price reversal not confirm, 1820 becomes the next downside support target from the move. In this scenario we not looking to short gold but would rather be looking for a bullish price reversal closer to this level for long entry once again. Should either of these scenarios manifest we will update our guidance accordingly with resistance targets and stop loss considerations. Source: IG charts       Brent Crude Oil The bearish reversal off the 8770-level guided in our previous note has yielded a significant decline, although fallen short of the 7760-support target. The price now looks to be rebounding from oversold territory. Traders who have been short might consider this an indication to exit their trades. The longer-term trend bias is still considered down and should a bearish price pattern emerge before this level, new short entries might be considered. In this scenario a close above the 8770 level might be used as a stop loss consideration, while targeting a move back towards the support low at 7760 once again. Only on a move / close above the 8770 level would the longer-term trend bias be reassessed, and long trades reconsidered Source: IG charts         Our weekly technical report is compiled by in-house senior market analyst, Shaun Murison.
    • Hi, the basic package has a 15 minute delay.
×
×
  • Create New...