Can't create a session with the API

Guest Arf

Question

Guest Arf

Hello,

I'm trying to create a session using the IG API but I always have this error : "errorCode":"error.public-api.failure.stockbroking-not-supported"

I'm using a CFD demo account I just created, even if I change the acc number I still have this error. 

Thanks for any help. 

2 answers to this question

On 13/01/2021 at 23:10, Guest Arf said:

Hello,

I'm trying to create a session using the IG API but I always have this error : "errorCode":"error.public-api.failure.stockbroking-not-supported"

I'm using a CFD demo account I just created, even if I change the acc number I still have this error. 

Thanks for any help. 

Any source code will help troubleshoot your code. Do you have it on GitHub for instance (might be easier instead of posting it all here 🙂)?

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    Kris
    Joined 12/04/21 13:07
    • Hi there, any idea why the margin is so high now on spot gold? Did IG spot the lervage? for 100oz of gold I need like 21k now. This never used to happen. 
    • If it's a share dealing or ISA account it's more than likely to be due to the settlement period.  Please know our settlement period works on a T+2 (T+3 for US shares( basis. This means the cash for these shares won't settle on your account the day you sold them but two working days later.  Many thanks for your understanding. I hope this clarifies why you can't withdraw your funds at the moment.    I hope this helps. If it doesn't let me know by replying to my message and putting @charlotteIG                      
    • Hey,  I got one of my colleagues to check this and they've got back to your email regarding the delay.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  All the best