Jump to content
  • 0

Account Application Denied


LemonLime

Question

I'm confused as to why my IG application was denied. Seems no logical reason for it, I have a commsec account, no problem there. Here's the message:

"We appreciate your interest in IG. Because we provide complex financial products, we have strict wealth and experience criteria that we need to meet before we can offer you an account.

On this occasion these requirements haven’t been met, so we’re unable to open an account for you. We regularly review our acceptance criteria, so please do feel free to apply again in the future or if your circumstances change."

 Also, I noticed $10,000 was showing up as a minimum deposit requirement as I filled in the forms. What gives?

Edited by LemonLime
Adding more info.
Link to post

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 13/02/2021 at 13:14, LemonLime said:

I'm confused as to why my IG application was denied. Seems no logical reason for it, I have a commsec account, no problem there. Here's the message:

"We appreciate your interest in IG. Because we provide complex financial products, we have strict wealth and experience criteria that we need to meet before we can offer you an account.

On this occasion these requirements haven’t been met, so we’re unable to open an account for you. We regularly review our acceptance criteria, so please do feel free to apply again in the future or if your circumstances change."

 Also, I noticed $10,000 was showing up as a minimum deposit requirement as I filled in the forms. What gives?

Hey, 

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry your application was declined but as mentioned we do have some entrance criteria that have to be met before we can open the account. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

The minimum deposit fee isn't $10,000 it's A$450 by card but you can make bank deposits for lower amounts. 

All the best 

Link to post
  • 0
Guest IG asks 5k USD to open acc
17 hours ago, CharlotteIG said:

Hey, 

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry your application was declined but as mentioned we do have some entrance criteria that have to be met before we can open the account. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

The minimum deposit fee isn't $10,000 it's A$450 by card but you can make bank deposits for lower amounts. 

All the best 

Hi CharlotteIG, 

When opening a new CFD, on the top of application form, there is a note saying MINIMUM REQUIRED DEPOSIT IS 5000 USD.   Please try it yourself on ig.com/en and try to open a new CFD account.   

Link to post
  • 0
11 hours ago, Guest IG asks 5k USD to open acc said:

Hi CharlotteIG, 

When opening a new CFD, on the top of application form, there is a note saying MINIMUM REQUIRED DEPOSIT IS 5000 USD.   Please try it yourself on ig.com/en and try to open a new CFD account.   

Thanks for your post and apologies for my oversite. 

I can see the minimum has changed to $5,000. I will pass on feedback that this is too high if that's what you're asking. We've had others comment on this now so I will make sure it's shown to the business. 

All the best, 

Charlotte 

Link to post
  • 0
Guest Liam

Hi, this has happened to me, but I would like to know how I can re apply when my circumstances have changed if my details have already been registered?

Many thanks

Link to post
  • 0
Guest Legion T

I agree with the above findings, been looking for a broker, all the reviews and comparisons say there is no minimum deposit.

Yet at the top of the sign up page it clearly states a minimum of £5000.

Cannot find any information for this on your website, now despite wanting to deposit more than this amount, I am reluctant to apply for a live account at all.

Is this going to be a constant minimum, therefore meaning I couldn't deposit monthly additional funds of only £500 for example?

Legion T

Link to post
  • 0

I have the same message saying :

Thanks for your application

We appreciate your interest in IG. Because we provide complex financial products, we have strict wealth and experience criteria that we need to meet before we can offer you an account. On this occasion these requirements haven’t been met, so we’re unable to open an account for you. We regularly review our acceptance criteria, so please do feel free to apply again in the future or if your circumstances change.
Link to post
  • 0
Guest Sully

Same thing happened to me. It would be good if they actually told us why it was rejected. It also doesnt help when they say apply again later but the account application still says pending.

Link to post
  • 0

The criteria is unclear. The one I referred today got refused because she only has 22K AUD in saving. And the CS refused to tell her how much is the minimum. Seriously how much more you need to open an account?  This is just a strategy to avoid paying referral that ending this month or what?

Link to post
  • 0
Guest RandallStephen
10 hours ago, hanatan said:

The criteria is unclear. The one I referred today got refused because she only has 22K AUD in saving. And the CS refused to tell her how much is the minimum. Seriously how much more you need to open an account?  This is just a strategy to avoid paying referral that ending this month or what?

The minimum is 10,000 AUD but they don't tell you that till your signing up. I phoned them up after them not getting back to me and they also refused to tell me the amount. All they said is there has been a huge influx in members because of Gamestop. Better brokers out there anyway.

Link to post
  • 0
Guest RandallStephen
20 hours ago, Guest Sully said:

Same thing happened to me. It would be good if they actually told us why it was rejected. It also doesnt help when they say apply again later but the account application still says pending.

Alot of new people signed but because of Gamestop they told me. They were alot not straight with me as my account was also pending, so I called them up and had my account deleted. That way I could put a fresh application in the future.

Link to post
  • 0
Guest Sam issues as above, is s]

Sam issues as above, is somebody going to answer this? What are the reasons for being declined and how to re-apply?

Link to post
  • 0
On 18/03/2021 at 22:38, Guest reapply said:

same issue how do i reapply?

 

On 06/03/2021 at 22:35, Guest Sam issues as above, is s] said:

Sam issues as above, is somebody going to answer this? What are the reasons for being declined and how to re-apply?

I'd ring up and have your account deleted. Should be process that day.

Link to post
  • 0
Guest Paul

Yes seemed dodgy that were asking, how much money had etc. and questions come after they have gathered a lot of your details including passport number etc. As un-necessary for what applying for lied on the low side of the questions, so not accepted but doesn't seem like acompany would wantn to do business anyway.

Link to post
  • 0
On 05/03/2021 at 06:22, hanatan said:

The criteria is unclear. The one I referred today got refused because she only has 22K AUD in saving. And the CS refused to tell her how much is the minimum. Seriously how much more you need to open an account?  This is just a strategy to avoid paying referral that ending this month or what?

Thanks for your post. 

Having new customers come to IG is a positive thing for our business. If we didn't want to pay out referral bonuses we wouldn't offer the scheme.

On 06/03/2021 at 12:35, Guest Sam issues as above, is s] said:

Sam issues as above, is somebody going to answer this? What are the reasons for being declined and how to re-apply?

 

On 18/03/2021 at 12:38, Guest reapply said:

same issue how do i reapply?

The reason an account rejects can be different. I would advise reaching out to us to figure out why. If someone over the phone says reapply then you will need to use a different email address and email us to let us know you've reapplied. 

All the best 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      14,955
    • Total Posts
      72,663
    • Total Members
      60,976
    • Most Online
      5,137
      14/01/21 09:51

    Newest Member
    Deller78
    Joined 18/04/21 12:49
  • Posts

    • So, the vaccines are not actually vaccines because the don't protect you from getting covid but might just reduce the symptoms somewhat, for a disease were 99.9% experience only mild symptoms anyway. With the animal studies of previous types of mRNA medications the real test was 6 - 12 months after injection when the autoimmune system malfunctions started to show, should be interesting as no one knows what's going to happen next because these vaccines were allowed to skip the animal testing phase.   Now that the plan has been shown to work are you ready for the gear change from covid lockdowns to climate change lockdowns yet? The WHO starts flashing hints. WHO warns a coronavirus vaccine alone will not end pandemic (cnbc.com)   And if the covid models were a deliberate fear mongering total exaggeration take a look at the climate change ones.     Meanwhile Fauci over steps the line and gets a well deserved ear full.    
    • 50K might be a too conservative target...  any thoughts?  43?  25...?
×
×
  • Create New...