Trading an Iron Condor

Can anyone advise what the difference would be if I trade a Mar 21 Iron Condor on US500 using my spread bet account on IG and trading the same option strategy on say, Saxo, where I would get a net credit.

The Iron Condor in IG cost money to buy and sell any Call or Put so, assuming it goes the way I want, I would only be net positive at or near expiry.

Assuming the costs of the strikes are the same (ish), would I expect the same result from both platforms given the same level of cash outlay?

Thanks

yes it should be similar result at expiry imo, ig is commision free but will have a wider spread and you get the credit at expiry (or if you close early) if the trade goes in your favour.....as you say, saxo gives credit upfront , but you pay commission for opening and closing the trades.....saxo however is quite expensive vs interactive brokers, tastytrade , firstrade etc

• Like 1

afaik, ig will not charge spread as well if you hold all the way to expiry. the only problem is you have to open each of them separately and lose bit of precision with the underlying price and strike prices moving all the time on either side of call/put. which means if you close early you'd have to close the separately too.

Also there may be a catch of 30 second (or some time) limit in some markets, with the amount of buying and selling you could place. 

• Like 1