Customer service

72CP

Question

As a longstanding (share trading) client of IG (also my wife - I manage her accounts) and also a shareholder, I have found the service from IG is now at rock bottom.  Emails take 1/2 weeks or are not answered at all, phone calls over an hour again if even answered and the chat facility is a complete waste of time.  The CEO has written to all clients apologising and stating that more staff have been taken on to address the issue but it seems to have got worse.  Almost all companies in the UK have been affected by the virus but most have got to grips with things.

Additionally I am finding that training and understanding of some basic topics are almost non-existent.  A recent Open Offer was accompanied by an invitation to also apply for excess shares but IG simply could not understand the latter and it took four exchanges of emails to get my application put forward. The result was that they failed to do so and the scaled down application for excess shares came to nothing!!

I only contact IG when unavoidable and otherwise happy with the platform.

Am I expecting too much or do others share my frustration?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem, they've always been terrible since I opened the account, but today I really needed them to resolve an urgent issue for me and it was just beyond them, couldn't get through on the phone, live chat is a joke, it cost me money today and it looks like it will tomorrow as well.  I'm so sick of it I think I need to change brokers.

• Like 1
On 23/02/2021 at 14:54, 72CP said:

As a longstanding (share trading) client of IG (also my wife - I manage her accounts) and also a shareholder, I have found the service from IG is now at rock bottom.  Emails take 1/2 weeks or are not answered at all, phone calls over an hour again if even answered and the chat facility is a complete waste of time.  The CEO has written to all clients apologising and stating that more staff have been taken on to address the issue but it seems to have got worse.  Almost all companies in the UK have been affected by the virus but most have got to grips with things.

Additionally I am finding that training and understanding of some basic topics are almost non-existent.  A recent Open Offer was accompanied by an invitation to also apply for excess shares but IG simply could not understand the latter and it took four exchanges of emails to get my application put forward. The result was that they failed to do so and the scaled down application for excess shares came to nothing!!

I only contact IG when unavoidable and otherwise happy with the platform.

Am I expecting too much or do others share my frustration?

We're so sorry that you couldn't get through to us and the impact it's had. I will pass this message onto our senior team to show the impact this is having. 

On 23/02/2021 at 22:29, MrShed said:

I'm having the same problem, they've always been terrible since I opened the account, but today I really needed them to resolve an urgent issue for me and it was just beyond them, couldn't get through on the phone, live chat is a joke, it cost me money today and it looks like it will tomorrow as well.  I'm so sick of it I think I need to change brokers.

If you haven't already please reach out to us if you can't wait on the phone please email and request a call back. Make sure your exposure is correct then mention you did try to ring and ask them to take that into consideration when resolving the issue. 

All the best and apologies to both of you