What do the main numbers represent?

Itsbecauseofthem

Question

11 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

Hi, so I'm just wondering, on shares, some have a buy price of say 1967 while a sell price of 1965, is this how much each share costs, or is this number representative of something else?

Hi, if you are looking at the buy/sell box then the difference between the 2 prices is the spread, the cost of the trade.

7 hours ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

I just have a regular share trading account. I saw this mainly on the demo account I am using. 

US stocks are in $, UK stocks are in pence. If it's on demo it must be either a spread bet or cfd account as there is no share dealing demo, SB or CFD it could either be dollars or pence or IG points. 

See video on this page.

How do I use the share dealing platform? | IG UK

1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

US stocks are in $, UK stocks are in pence. If it's on demo it must be either a spread bet or cfd account as there is no share dealing demo, SB or CFD it could either be dollars or pence or IG points. 

See video on this page.

How do I use the share dealing platform? | IG UK

Okay, but it doesn't have a $ sign there, just numbers, do the numbers represent the price? For instance Tesla is way higher than the other ones.

8 minutes ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

Okay, but it doesn't have a $ sign there, just numbers, do the numbers represent the price? For instance Tesla is way higher than the other ones.

that's why I asked about which type of account. They are all based on the underlying market where Tesla are around $705.50 cents.

IG has them listed as points so on the SB platform they are 70550.0

While on the cfd platform they are  705.5000

not sure what the share dealing platform has.

19 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

that's why I asked about which type of account. They are all based on the underlying market where Tesla are around $705.50 cents.

IG has them listed as points so on the SB platform they are 70550.0

While on the cfd platform they are  705.5000

not sure what the share dealing platform has.

The demo. For instance, in cryptocurrency, Crypto 10 Index is 14460.02 for selling and a bit higher for buying. What does that mean?