Jump to content
  • 0

What do the main numbers represent?


Question

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
32 minutes ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

Hi, so I'm just wondering, on shares, some have a buy price of say 1967 while a sell price of 1965, is this how much each share costs, or is this number representative of something else?

Hi, if you are looking at the buy/sell box then the difference between the 2 prices is the spread, the cost of the trade.

Link to post
  • 0
4 minutes ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

So if the buy box says 1700.56, it means "$1700.56"?

what type of account do you have (spread bet, cfd or share dealing) and what is the stock?

Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

what type of account do you have (spread bet, cfd or share dealing) and what is the stock?

I just have a regular share trading account. I saw this mainly on the demo account I am using. 
 

Link to post
  • 0
7 hours ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

I just have a regular share trading account. I saw this mainly on the demo account I am using. 
 

US stocks are in $, UK stocks are in pence. If it's on demo it must be either a spread bet or cfd account as there is no share dealing demo, SB or CFD it could either be dollars or pence or IG points. 

See video on this page.

How do I use the share dealing platform? | IG UK

Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Caseynotes said:

US stocks are in $, UK stocks are in pence. If it's on demo it must be either a spread bet or cfd account as there is no share dealing demo, SB or CFD it could either be dollars or pence or IG points. 

See video on this page.

How do I use the share dealing platform? | IG UK

Okay, but it doesn't have a $ sign there, just numbers, do the numbers represent the price? For instance Tesla is way higher than the other ones.

Link to post
  • 0
8 minutes ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

Okay, but it doesn't have a $ sign there, just numbers, do the numbers represent the price? For instance Tesla is way higher than the other ones.

that's why I asked about which type of account. They are all based on the underlying market where Tesla are around $705.50 cents.

IG has them listed as points so on the SB platform they are 70550.0

While on the cfd platform they are  705.5000

not sure what the share dealing platform has.

 

Link to post
  • 0
19 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

that's why I asked about which type of account. They are all based on the underlying market where Tesla are around $705.50 cents.

IG has them listed as points so on the SB platform they are 70550.0

While on the cfd platform they are  705.5000

not sure what the share dealing platform has.

 

The demo. For instance, in cryptocurrency, Crypto 10 Index is 14460.02 for selling and a bit higher for buying. What does that mean? 

Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

The demo. For instance, in cryptocurrency, Crypto 10 Index is 14460.02 for selling and a bit higher for buying. What does that mean? 

That's the spread, the cost of the trade, the broker's profit.

Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, Itsbecauseofthem said:

So is that $14,460?

not sure what it's based on, it doesn't matter. That market is spread bet or cfd so you are taking a posistion on amount of points movement higher or lower than 144460.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...